𝟏𝟐 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐎 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒

𝐞𝐩 𝟐𝟏

            "𝐸𝐿𝐸𝑁𝐴..." Jenna attempted talking to Elena who was muttering to herself with pacing.

"I have to do something. This can't happen. None of it." She breathed in deeply.

"Quite the predicament." Klaus rejoined them, with Stefan following behind him. "You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish." Klaus teased, winding Elena up.

"Stefan..." Elena's voice was barely a whispered but she held a lot of sadness as she stared at her boyfriend.

"It's okay." Stefan tried to send her an encouraging smile.

"Well. Who's it going to be, Adelaide?" Klaus turned to her, smirking.

"What? No." She rushed out, shaking her head as tears built up in her eyes.

"Very well, Elena?" Klaus turned to Adelaide's sisters who also shook her head.
"Oh, don't worry. There's actually no choice." Klaus was behind Stefan in an instant with a wooden stake, shoving it into Stefan's back. Enough so he was in pain but not enough to kill him. He was weak now though and wouldn't be able to fight back as he fell to the ground, groaning in pain. Elena yelled out his name as she cried.

"I have other plans for your boyfriend." Klaus told Elena, wearing his usual smirk. "I want him alive. But for now..." Klaus snapped Stefan's neck before throwing him aside.

"Whenever you're ready, Greta." He called back to the witch as the three girls watched in horror.

The fire around Jenna then disappeared.
"No,"

"Your turn." Klaus whispered.

"No, Jenna, no!" Adelaide sobbed as Klaus stared at her aunt, ready to kill her, just like he had done with Jules.

"It's okay Adelaide, Elena. I know what I have to do." Jenna told them determined as she sue her new speed to attack the witch, stopping her from chanting. Jenna sunk her teeth into Greta, making the witch lose concentration. Klaus was right behind Jenna though as he twisted her arm, throwing her to the ground.

"Jenna, no."

"Just turn it off. You won't be scared any more." Elena told Jenna, sobbing. Klaus then reached forward with a stake and stabbed Jenna in the heart with it. Adelaide watched as her Aunt slowly died, her skin turning grey and old while the veins became more visible.

Klaus stared at Adelaide for a moment as he watched the tears run down her cheeks from the loss of her aunt before he turned to take Jenna's blood from her body and then gave it to Greta, who began chanting once again.

Adelaide and Elena then noticed that Stefan was beginning to wake up.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered to both the girls, not being able to pick himself up from how weak he had become.

"Shh," Elena held her finger up to her lips. "Are they going to kill him?" She whispered to Stefan.

"Yes."
Adelaide shifted uncomfortably at the news no matter how much she wanted to despise Klaus, she couldn't bring herself to wanting him dead.

Klaus then made his way over to Elena.

"It's time." He announced as the fire surrounding the human doppelgänger disappeared. He went to help Elena up but she pushed him away with a glare and made her way over to Greta by herself. Klaus chuckled darkly at her behaviour as he followed her. Elena stared at Jenna's dead body, flinching away as Klaus grabbed ahold of her chin, making her turn to face him as he whispered a thank you.