𝟎𝟔 | 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬

𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒

𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟗

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 was awoken to Elena roughly shaking her shoulder and bashing a pillow in her face.

"Leave me alone," the girl grumbled, curling back into a ball under the warm covers laid on top of her.

"Adelaide, wake up. We have to do something. And we have to be quiet. Damon and Stefan can't know," Elena whisper yelled at her sister, wanting her to get up.

"Can't know what?" Adelaide opened one eye, peaking up at her twin.

"What we're about to do." Elena wasn't specific at all.

"Sounds like you're doing something rebellious. I'm in. Let me get dressed." Elena nodded, relief spreading across her face as she backed away from the bed, letting Adelaide sit up and stretch.

"I'll be two minutes." Elena nodded before walking out of the room, looking down both sides to the hallway, making sure Stefan or Damon hadn't woken up.

A few minutes later Adelaide joined her twin outside the room she was currently staying in, in the Boarding House, dressed in a pair of black high waisted sports leggings, a light grey crop top and her blue Nike jacket. She wore her usual white sneakers and tied her hair up into a pony tail to keep it out of her way.

"What are we going exactly?" She asked Elena as she followed her down the stairs.

"Shhh," Elena held a finger up to her lips. "I'll explain once we have escaped them," she pointe dup the stairs, making it clear she meant the two vampires currently asleep. Adelaide nodded in understanding, making sure to keep quiet. Elena brought her down to what looked like a basement but when she reached the bottom of the stairs she was shocked to see that there were prison like cells. Elena opened the door to a specific one before walking inside with Adelaide following. She let out a gasp as she saw a man on the floor with a dagger stuck into his chest. His skin looked like a corps and his cloths were dirty and ripped. Elena knelt down next to the body before using both her hands to tug on the dagger handle. She fell back from the impact, making a small grunt noise before scurrying to the side, leaning against the wall. Adelaide slowly walked into the cell and took a seat next to her sister.

"Who is that?" She whispered.

"Elijah. He should wake in a few minutes."

The two sisters waited in silence for Elijah to reawaken. Elena still held onto the dagger tightly and watched the body like a hawk. Adelaide had many questions that she wanted to ask but she kept quiet, knowing that they could not be caught by Damon or Stefan whatsoever.

She jumped back, hitting the wall as Elijah sat up instantly coughing for air. He groaned as the sound of bones snapping filled the air. Elena was quick to make her way over to him as he looked at her with wide eyes. Adelaide kept her distance.

"Elijah."

"Katerina!" Elijah yelled, staring at Elena.
"Elijah! It's me, it's Elena." Elijah kept gasping.

"Oh my god," he whispered. He stopped gasping but his held lulled back to the ground. Elena went to nudge him but he snapped his body to the side, gasping once again. He stood up as Elena cowered back into the wall.

"I can't - I can't breathe!" His voice was raspy and dry. "What's happened to me?" Elena stammered, not knowing what to say. Adelaide stepped into the room and made her way over to Elena slowly, looking Elijah in the eyes as she knelt down next to her sister, slowly pulling her up. Elijah looked at Adelaide in shock before he used his vampire speed to get out of the room, hitting the wall on his first attempt as he did so.