Chapter 2

Vanessa's POV

*ON THE BUS*

Ina and I kept watching Katie's performance with Ramin on my phone. "What if Katie is one of those people who will be mentoring us?" Ina asked. I smiled. "I hope so. We haven't seen her in A LONG TIME." I said. "Yeah. Last time she was here, she kept talking about how she wished to perform as Christine and kiss Ramin Karimloo." Ina said. Both of us laughed as we remembered. Suddenly, the bus came to a stop. All of us stared in awe at the theatre. "It's huge!" Angel nearly shouted. "That's what she said." I heard Bien whispered to his friends. I rolled my eyes. "Alright! All of you should exit by row. So, let's start with the ones at the very front." Teacher Kath instructed. All of us grabbed our backpacks and lunch boxes. Soon, it was our turn to go out. After all of us were outside, we lined up into 2 lines. Then we started walking to the entrance. I could feel my heart beat faster and faster after each step I took.

Katie's POV

I started to hear multiple footsteps coming closer. I smiled. "Well, they're here." Earl said. Then the doors opened. My smile became wider as I saw my old friends.

Vanessa's POV

My eyes widened as I saw Katie on stage. "Hello everyone!" An old British man said through his microphone. Each of the people on stage had name plates in front of them. They read: Earl Carpenter, Rachael Barrell, John Owen Jones, Sierra Boggess, Katie Romero, Ramin Karimloo, and Andrew Lloyd Webber. "Hurry and take your seats." He said and we did.

Katie's POV

I noticed that there were 3 new students this year. I scanned the crowd for Vanessa. It didn't take me long to find her. I waved at her and she did the same. "Ok! So this is how it goes, we call each name one by one randomly from the list that Katie's holding. You audition in front of us and we comment on it. We'll give you all 15 minutes to rehearse. There is no need to be nervous." Andrew explained to them. I can clearly see that all of them were shaking in fear. "While someone is auditioning, the rest can practice. Just not so loud." I added. They all nodded.

*15 MINUTES LATER*

"Alright we'll start calling out names already." Andrew said. I could see that Vanessa was already pale and sweating. "It's alright." I mouthed to her. Although, that didn't seem to work. "Hannah Longares!" I called. I saw her walking to us with confidence. Too much in fact. "Alright! Who are you auditioning for?" John asked. "I'm auditioning for Christine." She replied. Andrew signaled her to go. She started to sing "Firework" by Katy Perry. I flinched a bit every time her voice cracked. I noticed that a lot of people were softly laughing at her. I tried to hold mine back. After a few minutes, she finished the song. "Um...well...interesting song choice...why do you want to audition for the role of Christine?" Rachael struggled with her words. "Because Christine is the best and I'm the best in the whole school." She said in a snobby way. I tried to hold back a laugh. "Ok! You may go offstage." I told her and she did. "Carlotta." We whispered. It was a fast decision. I wrote down Carlotta beside Hannah's name. "Aki Lorbes!" I called. "Who are you auditioning for?" Earl asked. "Raoul." He simply answered. After singing, we were impressed by his voice. "Thank you." Andrew said. Aki then walked offstage. It was quite obvious what our decision was. I wrote down Raoul beside Aki's name.

Angel's POV

They called out a few more people. I was very nervous. "Angel Alao." Katie said my name. I could feel my heart sink straight to my stomach. I got up and walked onstage. "Alright Angel! Who are you auditioning for?" Sierra asked me. I gulped before saying "Madame Giry". They all smiled widely at me. Andrew signaled me to go. I sang "Thousand Years". After singing, I felt all the weight disappear from my shoulders. "Very nice voice!" Katie told me and smiled. I smiled back before walking offstage. "You were great!" Vanessa whispered to me.

Katie's POV

"Ina Gonzales!" I called the last one. I just know that she will land the role for Christine. "Hi cutie!" Ramin said. That made Ina blush a little. I felt a bit jealous, but I hid it. "Who are you auditioning for?" He asked her. "Christine." She immediately said. Then she started singing "Defying Gravity". After her audition, all of our mouths hung open. We all applauded for her as she walked down. I didn't hesitate to write Christine beside Ina's name. "Alright! Thank you for singing for us. Katie will post the cast list as early as Monday next week at your school." Andrew told them.

Time- 5:30 pm

*AT HOME* (My parents built an extra house. Yep! They're that rich. Ramin is staying with me for the whole trip)

The both of us plopped down on the couch. "What a day." I mumbled softly. Ramin nodded. "Finally we're alone." He said. I giggled as he nuzzled his head on the crook of my neck. I started to stroke his hair. Then I gasped as he started to bite my neck softly. It tickled a lot. I laughed a bit. "Does that tickle you?" He asked me. I nodded. Then he smiled evilly. "Ramin?" I asked getting concerned. Suddenly he started to tickle me. I burst into laughter. "R-Ramin...p-lease s-st-op." I said in between laughs. "I'll only stop if you say that I'm the sexiest man you've ever seen." He replied. I widened my eyes. I shook my head. He wasn't gonna get away with this... at least I hope not. He started to tickle me even more. I already had tears in my eyes from laughing. "Fine! Ramin Karimloo is the sexiest man I have ever seen." I said giving up. He smiled with satisfaction. I noticed our position. He was on top of me. "Well, this is awkward." I thought. Ramin bent down to kiss my lips before laying down beside me. "When you called Ina 'cutie' you didn't mean that in a romantic way, right?" I asked. "No. I called her cutie because I could see that she has potential and raw talent." He immediately said. "She does doesn't she?" I said while nodding. Then we intertwined our hands together. "I love you." I whispered as I leaned my forehead to his. Ramin's smile grew wider. "I love you more." He replied.