Bill S. Preston Esquire ⌲ Eddie Van Halen

'Ted dude?'

'Ted dude?'

'Yeah Bill?'

'I like somebody... but I don't know how to tell them.' Bill tugs on the bottom of his crop top, looking at his best friend. He liked this girl named (Y/N) but he had no idea how to tell her. It needed to be special because she was a total babe! Ted understood so he got out a pad and tried to help his best friend plan the perfect way to tell (Y/N) that he liked her.

'What if we played a song during assembly next week and then after we play you announce to the school your love for (Y/N)?' Ted jumped on his bed, watching the boy pacing in front of him.

'Nah dude, that's not big enough.' Bill stopped and looked at Ted. 'What if we got Eddie Van Halen to play with us?'

'That would be most triumphant! She would have to go out with you then! But Bill... I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen without writing a song first.'

'What's the point of writing a song, Ted, if we don't have decent instruments.'

'But we don't even really know how to play.'

'That is why we need Eddie Van Halen.' The boys look at each other with a smile.

'Excellent!' The boys do a quick air guitar and then get back to their plan.

A few weeks later the boys were standing on stage at their school assembly.

'Bill you got this man! We are Wyld Stallyns and we're gonna kick ass.' Ted put his hand on Bill's shoulder with a smile. Bill cleared his throat and walked up to the microphone.

'Hey Dudes.' They boy took a deep breath and continued. 'Ted and I wanted to play a song for you guys and we were going to get Eddie Van Halen to play with us but he was busy so he sent us this letter instead.' Bill cleared his throat and smiled. 'How's it hangin', dudes! 

'Unfortunately I'm too busy being cool and making excellent songs to come to your school but I'm sure we would have had a most triumphant time. I just wanted to say (Y/N): you are one bodacious babe and I think you should go out with Bill. And Ted: you are one non-heinous dude.

 'Catch you later, Eddie Van Halen.' By now the crows were murmuring, the boys could tell that the school was excited about a letter from the Eddie Van Halen. Little did the school and Bill know, it was actually written by Ted. He hadn't received a reply from Eddie in time so decided to write one himself, knowing how much this meant to his best friend. 'Thank you for listening.' Bill stepped back from the microphone with a smile. The teacher rolled their eyes and told the boys to go back to their seats.

After the assembly (Y/N) tried to find Bill and Ted. She was shocked that her favourite guitarist knew who she was. She found Bill and tapped him on the shoulder.

'H-hey Bill.'

'Woah, hey (Y/N)!' The girl fiddled with her fingers.

'You guys did a great job today, I can't believe you got a letter from the Eddie Van Halen!'

'Me either!' Bill jumped up and down. 'So (Y/N)... would you want to go out with me sometime? I think you're most outstanding.' (Y/N) laughs, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

'I would love to.' Bill does a quick air guitar and takes a hold of (Y/N)'s hand, dragging her off to find Ted.

'Ted! It worked!.'

'Excellent!' The boys high five. Blushing, Bill leans down and kisses (Y/N)'s cheek quickly, making her giggle.

'Would you want to ditch school and get some ice cream?'

'That would be most excellent, Bill' 

---

Thanks for reading! ☻

xxx