Stay Together For The Kids (Shadows)

"It's hard to wake up when the shades have been pulled shut." Cole Shadows said quietly to the empty bed, and then got up, walking into the kitchen where her children sat eating breakfast.
"This house is haunted." Her daughter Quinn said absently, and Cole sighed once before nodding.
"I know. And i know that it's so pathetic and it makes no sense at all." She said softly, head jerking toward the door as her husband Matt walked in, reeking of beer and cheap cigarettes.
"Cole I'm sorry that I didn't make it hom-"
"Stop. Just stop. I'm ripe with things to say, but every time I see you the words rot and fall away." She spat, standing and cutting her eyes at Quinn and Salem.
"What stupid poem could fix this home?" She asked, nodding her head at the notebook in his hand as the kids went up to their rooms.
"Cause if you magically have it in there, I'd read it every day." She finished, and then walked outside to the patio while he continued to stand in the doorway.

"There you go again." Cole said a few hours later as Matt packed his suitcase.
"You act like I want to leave." He said, and she rolled her eyes.
"Right. Of course you dont. This is your holiday. And I hope you enjoy it this time." She said with venom, and he blinked once.
"You gave it all away, the happieness, the stability that your children deserve. And it was mine as much as theirs. So when you're dead and gone, will you remember this night? It's just like the others when you leave us here, and then don't even call." She said quietly, and he took a deep breath before shutting the case and going to the door.
"It's not right, and you won't believe me, but this is for them and you." He said, and then walked downstairs.

"Their anger hurts my ears." Quinn said four months later when Matthew returned, her parents fighting downstairs louder than Salem's stereo.
"Why do you think I've been running strong for seven years?" He asked, and she shook her head.
"I don't get them. Rather than fix the problems, they never solve them." She said softly, and Salem .
"They've been that way since before us Quinn. It makes no sense at all."
"I mean. We get along, so why can't they?" She asked, and he shrugged, the words dying on his tongue as he looked at the heart broken expression on her face.
"If this is what he wants, and this is what she wants, for them to be together, then why is there so much pain?" She asked, and in place of an answer, he hugged her until he heard the front door slam shut.

It's not right

Did I say less oc ships? I meant more oops