Back To December (Kellic)

"I'm so glad you made time to see me." Kellin Quinn began, taking a sip of his coffee as Vic Fuentes looked at him.
"How's life, tell me how's your family?" He asked, and Vic's eyes flashed.
"Why do you care?" He snapped, and Kellin flinched away slightly.
"Because I haven't seen them in a while." He said slowly, and then looked to his lap where a napkin sat.
"Your guard is up Vic, and I know why." Kellin finally said, and the other man looked up with eyes so dark they looked like molten chocolate.
"Do you?"
"Its because the last time you saw me is still burned in the back of your mind." He said with a small laugh, and Vic let out a sign and slumped in his seat.
"I gave you roses Kells." He muttered, and Kellin shrugged.
"And I left them there to die." He said softly, and then let out a sigh.

"Look, this is me swallowing my pride, standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night." He said, and Vic's eyes widened once again, this time out of shock.
"I know what I said I wanted, but it turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you." He said with a small laugh, one that died the second it touched his lips.
"It makes me wish I'd realized what I had when you were mine." Vic whispered, stirring his drink aimlessly, watching the swirls it made in the foam on top of the liquid.
"If I could Vic, I'd go back to December, turn around and make it all right." Kellin whispered, and Vic shook his head with a small scoff.
"I go back to December all the time."

"These days I haven't been sleeping." Kellin said after the waitress took their cups, and Vic set his fork down next to his untouched plate.
"Why?" He asked, and Kellin sheepishly looked away.
"I keep staying up playing back myself leaving. Even when your birthday passed and I didn't call." He whispered, and Vic shook his head.
"I think about summer, all the beautiful times."
"I used to watch you laughing from the passenger side." Kellin smiled fondly, and then shook his head.
"And realized I'd loved you in the fall, but when the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind, you gave me all your love." Kellin said, then paused and looked away.
"And all I gave you was goodbye."

I go back to December
All the time

"I miss your tan skin, and your sweet smile, so good to me, so right." Kellin whispered, staring into his cup soberly as Vic looked out the window to the foggy Seattle streets.
"I miss how I held you in my arms that September night, the first time I ever saw you cry." Vic whispered, and Kellin cleared his throat gently, the lump that had formed there cutting off his oxygen supply momentarily.
"Call this wishful thinking, or even mindless dreaming, but Vic if we loved again I swear I'd love you right." He said quietly, his words echoing in the silence between them. Vic's mouth opened and then closed, and Kellin took the chance to speak over him.
"Look, I'd go back in time and change it but I can't. And so, before you answer, if the chain is on your door, I understand." He finished, and Vic took one of his hands, intertwining their fingers.
"I thought i wanted freedom Kellin, but it turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you. I refuse to sit around any longer, thinking back and wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine." Vic said softly, a hint of steel in his words and posture as Kellin squeezed his hand gently.
"If I could, I'd go back to December turn around and change my own mind." Kellin said with a small grimace, and Vic kissed the top of his hand softly.
"You don't have to Kells."

I go back to December
All the time all the time

I don't have an explanation for the T Swift. I dunno man. Y'all don't request anything and this happens.