Chapter 25

long chapter ahead

Kj POV~

"Kj! Kj wake up its 6 o'clock, we leave in an hour!" Cami exclaims shaking me. After a few minutes I get up and just smile at how excited she was. "When did you get up?" I ask noticing she was already dressed. "5:30 I was too excited to sleep so I got a shower and changed!" She says happily. I chuckle before heading into the bathroom to shower and change.

I came out in sweatpants and a t-shirt, unintentionally matching Cami's outfit. She smiled before grabbing her suitcase as we started to head out and to the airport.

Once we got on the plane I texted my mom that we were on our way, before turning my phone off and shoving it in my pocket as I put our carry-ons away.
I knew Camila wasn't the biggest fan of flying so I let her squeeze my hand as the plane was taking off.

When the plane was in the air she didn't let go of my hand, she just held it normally instead of squeezing it. We ended up talking for about a half hour before we decided to sleep.

Time skip

"Excuse me sir, the planes landed" a flight attendant says tapping my shoulder. I get up and thank him before grabbing Cami and I's bags. "Babe, we're here" I say tapping Cami's shoulder as I wake her up. She yawns before standing up.

"You guys are a cute couple" the same flight attendant says as we walk off the plane. We thank him before continuing to walk off the plane and into the airport. I text my mom a simple "We're here" before grabbing Cami's hand. I was originally gonna surprise my parents and not tell them about Cami coming but I ended up deciding against it.

I saw a sign that said "Kj Apa & Camila Mendes" and pointed it out to Cami before we started to walk over. "What if they don't like me? Should I fix my hair? Kj I'm nervous? What if they end up hating me? What if they-" Cami starts rambling. "Cami babe it's ok, all of your nervousness is just coming at once. They'll love you...and your messy bun" I say causing us both to laugh just as we reach my family.

"Kj!" They all yell as I hug them, trying not to let go of Cami's hand. "Guys this is my girlfriend Camila" I say stepping back towards her. They all hug her and such before we head off to the car.

"Ya know Kj talks about you all the damn time. Texting, calls, FaceTiming, he's talking about you and how amazing you are" my sister Timēna said giggling. "Timēna!" I groaned. "Aw Kj" She says, smiling as she kisses my cheek. The rest of the ride was basically my parents and sisters telling Cami how much I talk about her and then complementing her.

At KJ's family's house

"KJ we're going to the beach, so show Camila around and then both of you get changed so you can join us" my mom says once we get inside the house. We nod before I lead Cami to my old room.

I put our bags down and gave her a tour of the house. "Any questions?" I ask jokily, going along with my whole tour guide act. She nods no and laughs. "So you wanna go to the beach right?" I ask as we head back to our room. "Of course! I wanna spend as much time with your family as I can! Without being annoying" she says, mumbling the last part, hoping I won't hear. "Cami you are not annoying, I promise" I say. She nods and gives me a hug before we shut the door and search through our suitcase.

We both change before meeting my family in the living room. "Ready?" my dad asks smiling. "Ready" we say smiling. Everyone smiles back before we head out the door.

The whole car ride was all of us making jokes and laughing. Cami was laughing, and I was smiling because of her adorable laugh, when she just got quiet. "You ok?" I whisper to her. "I'm fine" she says, clearly lying. I hope she's not thinking she's annoying or anything, I can tell my parents love her and think she's amazing and everything but annoying.