55⇢first elude

Everything happens in a whirlwind of hushed silence as Jimin repeatedly skips downstairs to check whether his parents are awake or not

Everything happens in a whirlwind of hushed silence as Jimin repeatedly skips downstairs to check whether his parents are awake or not. The clock read 3:45 AM, the first light of the day has started to filter in tearing the darkness already and the east glows. Jaebum scrapes off all his regret, guilt and mistakes for the time being like an old sunburn. He has a wild focus, an unchecked and dangerous decision at hand. And since he has involved Jinyoung in it as well without hearing his opinion, he strives to be extra careful. Right or wrong, Jaebum decides to block out his over-analytical thoughts and solely listen to his heart for once in his life.

There is a road ahead and options where they can go together, far away from the people who know them. Jaebum shuts his brain cells completely and gets to work.

The timeline alters and Jaebum feels like he is defying what is destined. He is slapping his fate and Jinyoung's as well. Without having a clue what happens next after he takes Jinyoung away in his truck, Jaebum feels like he needs to do the basic math while packing Jinyoung's toothbrush and a few available pieces of cloth in a carry bag.

Park Jihoon might just launch a nationwide search for his kidnapped son and the criminal Im Jaebum. And since Jinyoung may or may not be in a state to defend his lover if they are caught, Jaebum is risking serving terms in prison for his actions.

But did he care? No. He is way past caring about the world and how it can hurt them as he increasingly becomes more like the boy he loves.

Reckless.

Jaebum finds out that Jinyoung simply can't put his strength into walking because he has none left. On top of that, he was definitely not acting like his normal self due to the repeated blows of trauma. Jaebum has to carry him down the flight of stairs in his arms with Jimin nervously following behind them with the bag containing the bare belongings of Jinyoung. The younger boy had dropped this oh so brilliant suggestion as a joke and now he felt like putting some faith into it as he observes Jaebum doing a lot more for Jinyoung than his family has ever done.

Jaebum might have locked away his overthinking and rationalist intellect somewhere safe but he still has to put some thought into his plan.

What are they going to do next? He doesn't know.

Where are they gonna go? He doesn't know.

How will he sustain themselves? He has to figure out quick.

What will either of them gain from this? At least they will not be separated.

Sliding out of the compound becomes easier with the help of Jimin and soon he is buckling up Jinyoung properly inside the truck. He turns toward Jimin, breathing hard from carrying Jinyoung all the way.

"So where are you going to take him?" Jimin asks slowly. He doesn't look too comfortable with the arrangement but he tries to accept it.

"I don't know but I can't take him to my home. If somebody comes looking for him that will be the first place where they will turn up."