1⇢first day

Third time

Third time.

It is Park Jinyoung's third time switching high schools.

"This is one of the best schools in the country. What's wrong with it?" Park Jihoon says, slamming his morning newspaper on the coffee table, looking absolutely done with his son's bullshit.

"I don't like it," Jinyoung replies groggily. He had to drag himself out of the bed with much difficulty at 5 am just to inform his dad that he wants to change schools, again.

"Don't you think, that as your father I deserve an explanation this time?" Jihoon shoots a questioning stare at his eldest son.

 Park Jihoon is a businessman, a rich businessman to be precise. He owns a famous chain of a well-known coffee shop all over the country. Basically, he never had enough time to pay undivided attention to his kids and home. So Jihoon, like any other workaholic father, spoiled them with money and freedom, convinced that it will help maintain stability in the family.

When Jinyoung expresses a desire or more like his decision to switch school, he opts not to drag out an argument. Jihoon has a meeting to attend soon after. But he is definitely confused.

"There must be a reason you don't like it. Did something happen? Are you hiding something?"

As his father gets interrogative all of a sudden, Jinyoung decides to finish this episode as quickly as possible. From his peripheral vision, he spots his 16-year-old brother Jimin, trying to hide unsuccessfully behind the curtain and eavesdrop.

"I don't like it because I simply don't like it. No exclusive reason," Jinyoung clenches his jaws shut after that, waiting for his father's final yet predictable verdict.

"Here is the thing my son," Park Jihoon stands up, takes off his glasses and waves it in the air to make a point. "This is the last time you and your brother will be switching schools. The next time I will pull you out, make you sit at home to contemplate your life. Is that clear?"

Jinyoung shrugs. He knows where he is about to get admitted next. That is the last option he has anyway. It is a reputable all-boys school in the country which means a break from flirtatious girls making passes at him.

JYP International School.

-

-

-

At 13, Jinyoung doubted if he was gay. Now aged 18, Jinyoung is convinced that he is definitely gay. His family isn't aware of his sexuality because Jinyoung feels like it's not necessary to share this particular piece of information. Moreover, he isn't sure how his father will receive it. So he keeps aside his little secret, locked up in the closet as long as it suits him.

Leaving his father's study, he makes a turn towards his bedroom when Jimin trips him purposefully. Jinyoung avoids falling on his face and somehow steadying himself against the wall.