15⇢first disaster (ii)

There is a rustle, a flurry of movements and Jaebum is locking his hand over Jinyoung's throat as the later struggles to free himself. Pad of his thumb pressing over Jinyoung's frantic pulse, Jaebum identifies him with a stupefied rabbit, a prey. But Jinyoung's head is getting heavier with each passing minute, he fails to speak further as Jaebum continues to strangle him. Jinyoung sees the wrath in his eyes, mildly regrets pushing both of them too far in his endeavor to get what he wants.

"You want the truth right? You want to hear it from me?"

Jaebum proves to be way stronger than Jinyoung, his vice-like hands never leave his throat and he proceeds to confess. Jinyoung prays to god, to live long enough to hear it from his mouth before he takes his final breath. Everything dissolves, the world reduces to only him and Jaebum in that moment of a pure bestial clash, where Jaebum is tempered right enough to keep himself from actually wringing his neck. Jinyoung tries to hang on, tries to regulates his exhales, decides to give up on this futile battle.

And Jaebum's face is no more than an inch apart from his, darkened eyes underneath dark fringes, set on the most handsome visage Jinyoung has ever seen. Jaebum's voice is hoarse like he is letting his tears smother him, taking it as a punishment.

"I wanted to wreck you that night. That night when you were drifting in and out of your haze, when you touched me when I had to grit my teeth and change your clothes, god I almost lost control," he screams the last part, his voice breaking halfway through.

Jinyoung loses focus, he doesn't know if he should concentrate on Jaebum's truth, the tightening hold around his neck or Jaebum's sharp nose brushing against the blood clot over his cheekbone. His hand is digging into Jaebum's shoulders, torn in a dilemma between pulling him for a kiss and pushing him away to catch his breath.

How did they end up like this in the first place? Jinyoung's mind sprints. Two boys, coming from two different spheres of life, having their respective agendas, starkly contrasting each other from personalities right down to their choice in clothing. Six months later, in an unnamed outskirt of Seoul, Jaebum finally professes to Jinyoung.
Jaebum has suffered no less than him and despite being shell shocked, Jinyoung acknowledges this explanation.

"What did-" he can't add another word to finish his question. However, he feels Jaebum's grip loosen a bit.

"I was disgusted with myself, I still am and you just keep coming back to kick everything straight to hell," Jaebum pauses, his hands fall from around Jinyoung's neck but then settles back on his crumpled collar as the other boy coughs terribly. "I am not supposed to do this. I should not think about that sick encounter we had. I am not supposed to fall for any kind of attachments because they are all worthless. You are worthless."

Jinyoung seizes the moment. He doesn't care about any other word leaving Jaebum's mouth. He got what he wanted and he was right about it all along. Jaebum is attracted to him and that's all that matters. His focus returns, leading him to make an unsuccessful attempt to kiss Jaebum after wiping his mouth on the shoulder of his uniform but Jaebum swats his face away. He staggers and almost falls on his side but Jaebum grabs his arm with one hand, grips his beat-up face with his pointer and thumb, forcing Jinyoung to look into his eyes.