Chapter 1- Help Me Eleanor!

Sam’s pencil started dangling in her fingers making it slip away now and then. Her hand on her cheek lifting one side of her mouth up a bit made her drool. Her drifting eyes started to close from lack of sleep.

“Ms. Walsh? Ms. Walsh.”

Sam took her sweaty hand from her face and lifted her head a little. She blinked a couple times and looked directly at her teacher.

“Would you like to give me the answer? The capital of Sir Lanka,” Her teacher placed both hands on her desk looking down into her book waiting for Sam’s answer.

She had no idea. Feeling her teacher’s patients winding down, Sam took the slightest glimpse at her friend, Eleanor, hoping she would help. Eleanor, with her hand cupping her mouth a bit, sounded out the answer.

“Uh, um, th-the capital of Sir Lanka i-is, um, C-Colombo?” She said tilting her head a bit closing her left eye slightly waiting for her teacher’s response to her answer. She looked back at Eleanor. Eleanor nodded. The teacher looked up.

“Very good. Pay attention next time,” she said as she gave a little smirk and winked, knowing Eleanor had helped. As she turned around to write it on the board, the bell for lunch rang. “Don’t forget, you have a test on Monday…” Sam couldn’t care less about the test and drifted her teacher’s voice out of her mind as she left the room with Eleanor.

“So, do you have any plans tonight?” Eleanor asked Sam as they placed their book bags on the picnic table bench in front of the school.

“Yeah, me and Liam are going to the movies,” Sam explained as she got out her sandwich making a nasty expression at it.

“Watcha gonna see?”

“Up All Night,” Sam said trying to cover up her words as she bit into her not so good looking sandwich.

“ooo ooo that’s a steamy romance, Sammy!” Eleanor said swaying her shoulders back and forth.

“See, I knew you were going to say that! How many times do I have to tell you, we, are, just, FRIENDS,” Sam said making her eyes widen. “I wanted to see it and he offered to take me.” Eleanor looked at her with one eyebrow up. 

“Guess who?” Eleanor felt strong hands grab her by the waist giving her chills.

“Ummm… Tommy?!” Eleanor said jokingly.

“What? No, it’s Louis! Whose Tommy?!” He said franticly.

“Haha, no one. You know I’m not cheating on you baby,” Eleanor said smiling. Louis smiled and grabbed her chin and kissed her soothingly. They looked into each other’s eyes for a little while.

“Almost done guys? You’re making me uncomfortable,” Sam said as she looked down at her lunch.

“Oh, you’re just sad cause you don’t have a guy to love as much as El loves me,” Louis mentioned cheekily looking down at Eleanor.

“Shut up Tommo.”

The bell rang for lunch to end.

“Hey, you don’t have tests, you can leave, right?” Eleanor said with a little jealousy in her voice.

“Oh yeah, thanks!” Sam said anxiously picking up her bag and waving goodbye. “See yah Monday, or, over the weekend. Whichever comes first!”

“Alright! Have fun on your date!”