chapter 57

The next several weeks flew by and before anyone knew it, graduation was upon them. The seniors rehearsed everything from the Baccalaureate to walking down the isle and sitting in the right chairs to crossing the stage for their diplomas. 

Ever since the conversation Rachel had with Finn out on his deck, she had loosened up dramatically. She realized that while he would be two hours away, he would ONLY be two hours away. She could easily make a trip out to see him during the week if her need to see him became too great. And he would be home every weekend just to see her. It was only for a year, but the great part about it was that college semester's were shorter than those for high school, so Finn would be home for most of December and wouldn't have to go back until the third week in January. They would have over a month and a half to spend together during Christmas break. 

One of the biggest accomplishments for Rachel over the past year, besides hooking up with Finn, was Puck. She continued to tutor him and was elated to hear that not only did he pass chemistry, but he raised his grade from a failing one to a C. When he heard that from Mr. Fortin, Puck was on a rampage as he walked through the school hallways looking for Rachel. 

When he finally found her, encased in Finn's arms of course, he walked right up and pulled her away from Finn, then picked her up and spun her around in the air a few times. Rachel was surprised to say the least. She started laughing as Puck put her down and pulled her into a hug. He held on for a few seconds, nearly suffocating her with his grip. 

He then turned to Finn who was looking at him with an amused half smile. He walked over and pulled Finn into a hug, catching him off guard. Finn hugged him back briefly before Puck let go and turned to the rest of the gang. Everyone, especially Finn and Rachel, were looking at him strangely. 

"I'm going to get a C in chemistry!" Puck explained, the large smile still plastered on his face. 

Rachel gasped as a smile came over her lips, her eyes wide. She threw her arms around Puck's neck and started to bounce up and down from the excitement. "Congratulations! I knew you could do it." 

"Thanks to you," Puck said as he pulled back and looked down at Rachel. "Thank you." 

"Not to ruin this happy moment for you two lovebirds," Finn said with a half smile. "But I think it's about time we had a graduation celebration." 

"Good idea," Rachel said as she walked over and planted a soft kiss on Finn's lips.