chapter 4

"Do you know who that is?" Finn asked Noah as soon as he climbed into the Jeep. 

"What?" Noah asked. After Finn pointed to the Honda, Noah nodded. "Yeah, her name's Rachel. She's my chemistry tutor." 

"She's your tutor?" Finn asked with excitement. 

"Yeah, so?" Noah asked. 

If she's Puck's tutor, then that would give me an opportunity to meet her, Finn thought to himself. "I've never seen her before today," Finn admitted. "I first noticed her at lunch...or rather I noticed the back of her head. Is she new?" 

"Not that I know of," Noah replied. "Why are you aski..." He stopped mid-sentence and looked at Finn before smiling. "NO WAY!!!" he exclaimed. 

"What?" Finn asked as he pulled out of the parking lot. 

"I've know you since we were eight years old, and I've never seen you express even the slightest bit of interest in the female gender," Noah said, still smiling. 

"I'm just curious," Finn said, trying to sound casual. 

"Uh huh...yeah right," Noah said, not believing his best friend for a second. After thinking for a minute, Noah decided to try something out. "I'm meeting her tomorrow for a tutoring session at breadsticks. I think I'll ask Cass for a ride." 

"I'll give you a ride," Finn replied quickly...a little too quickly. 

Noah's smile grew as he looked at his friend. After years of knowing Finn Hudson, Noah finally saw him show interest in a girl. 

"Besides," Finn said. "It would be nice to meet the girl who's helping my best friend graduate from high school." 

"Right," Noah said, not believing for a minute that that was the real reason why Finn wanted to meet Rachel. The real reason why Finn wanted to meet Rachel was because Finn liked her.