chapter 13

Quinn was thrilled to no end. No matter what happened, she was going to end up on a date with Noah Puckerman. A date that HE agreed to! Maybe he likes me, Quinn thought. Then self-doubt started running through her mind. She didn't have a chance to reflect on it too long, because Finn was helping Rachel into the Jeep a few seconds later. 

Rachel sat in back, right behind Finn, while Quinn sat next to her, right behind Noah. After Finn pulled out of the driveway and started to head out, he and Noah started talking. 

Quinn then leaned over so she could talk to Rachel. Having the top of the Jeep off made it kind of difficult to hold a conversation. 

"Rach, I need you to do me a favor," Quinn said. 

"Sure, what is it?" Rachel asked. 

"I need you to kiss Finn by Wednesday." 

"WHAT?!?!?" Rachel yelled, causing both Finn and Puck to look back at her. "Sorry," she said to the two boys. After Finn and Puck turned back around and continued with their conversation, Rachel leaned towards Quinn. "Could you run that by me one more time?" 

"I said, I need you to kiss Finn by Wednesday." 

"And why is that?" Rachel asked 

"Because Noah and I have a bet going," Quinn confessed. "If you two kiss by Wednesday, I win." 

"And how does Noah win?" Rachel asked. 

"He wins if you guys don't kiss until Saturday." 

"WHAT?!?!?" Rachel yelled, again causing Finn and Puck to turn around and stare at her. "Sorry," she said again. 

Puck exchanged glances with Finn, both of them trying to figure out what Rachel was yelling about. 

After the boys turned back around, Rachel whispered: "Noah doesn't think that Finn will kiss me until Saturday?" After Quinn nodded her head, Rachel whispered to herself: "I hope it doesn't take that long." 

In the front seat, Puck and Finn were talking about sports, when Puck suddenly changed the subject. 

"What's up with Rachel?" 

Finn turned to look at him. "What do you mean?" 

"What's up with her yelling?" Puck clarified. 

"I have no idea," Finn replied as he looked at Rachel through the rearview mirror. 

"Listen," Puck said. "I need you to do me a favor." 

"What's that?" Finn asked. 

Puck glanced over his shoulder to make sure that the girls wouldn't hear him. "You can't kiss Rachel until Saturday," Puck said matter-of factly. 

"WHAT?!?!?" Finn yelled, this time causing Rachel and Quinn to look at him from the back seat. "Sorry," he mumbled. 

After Puck saw that Quinn and Rachel had started talking again, he clarified. "Quinn and I bet on when you and Rachel will kiss, and I bet that you two won't kiss until Saturday." 

"Saturday?" Finn whispered in shock. "What did Quinn bet?" 

"She bet you guys would kiss by Wednesday." 

"WEDN..." Finn started to yell before he caught himself. "Wednesday?" he whispered. 

"Yeah. You have to hold out for me buddy." 

"What did you guys bet on?" 

After a brief pause, Puck said: "I can't tell you that until the bet's over."