chapter 31

Once they reached the Hudson's house, Puck and Finn stood off to the side while they watched a very nervous Brody approach the next-door neighbors dog.

"Does Brody have good reflexes?" Puck asked.

"Yeah, they're pretty good," Finn replied.

"That's good. I'd feel really bad if he lost a limb over there," Puck said, his face completely serious.

"You guys are so cruel," Kurt said with a smile as he approached them. "You know that dog is Cujo reincarnated."

"Yeah," Finn said with a chuckle. "That's what makes watching this so much fun."

"Come on girls," Kurt said as he dragged Rachel, Quinn and Cassandra into the house. "We've got better things to do than watch Brody and my neighbors dog duke it out."

Rachel didn't want to leave Finn's side, but Kurt, Quinn and Cassandra all dragged her in the house anyway.

"Come on Weston!" Puck called out. "All you have to do is pet the damn dog! How hard can it be?" He then turned to Finn, and the two of them started laughing.

Brody took his time walking over to the neighbors. He could hear the dog growling at him through the wooden fence, and even though he couldn't see the mutt, he could tell that he wasn't dealing with Lassie here.

"Yeah, just pet the damn dog," Brody muttered to himself. "Why am I doing this? Am I mental?"

He finally got to the fence, and carefully climbed it. He cautiously glanced over the top, and as soon as he did, the dog jumped up and tried to bite his face.

"HOLY SH*T!!!!" Brody yelled as he lost his balance and fell off the fence, landing right on his back. He quickly jumped to his feet and ran back over to Finn and Puck who were both rolling on the ground in laughter. "Ha, ha...very funny," Brody said as he brushed the dirt off his tux.

"Sorry buddy," Puck said between laughs. "That was too good!"

"Your...your face," Finn said as he pointed at Finn, still unable to control his laughter.

When everything finally died down, Finn and Puck exchanged looks, then promptly burst out in laughter again.

Brody didn't know what to do, so he tried to be a good sport about it. He smiled and shook his head as he looked back to the fence he had just fallen off of. "After that, I am NOT letting those girls do a makeover on me!"

Puck nodded as he threw his arm around Brody's shoulders. "I wouldn't either if I were you. I've seen Kurt's handy work on Blaine."

"Blaine lets him put makeup on him?" Brody asked in shock.

"He did it when he was asleep," Finn said, still chuckling. "He was mad at him, so it was his way of getting even."

"Now I know not to piss him off," Brody muttered.

"That would be a good idea," Puck said as he led the way into the house.

Upon entering, Cassandra ran up to Brody after she saw that he still had dirt on his tux. "What did you do to him?" she demanded, facing Puck and Finn. Both guys threw their hands up in surrender as they backed away from her.

"Hey...he fell on his own," Puck said in defense.

Cassandra glared at both of them before she turned to Brody. "Are you alright?"

Brody nodded as he glanced down at his tux.

"Come on," Cassandra said as she grabbed his hand. "Let's get you taken care of."