chapter 39

Finn and Rachel were the first ones to emerge from their bedroom, and the way they were dressed reflected just how little they cared about what everyone would say. Finn was wearing a pair of nylon running pants, with no shirt. 

Rachel on the other hand, was wearing one of Finn's oversized shirts, so it fell down about mid-thigh. 

Finn always walked around the house without a shirt on, and he wasn't about to change his habits just because a few of his friends had stayed the night. 

They made their way down the stairs and as they walked past the living room, they both stopped and stared in disbelief at the sight in front of them. Apparently some time during the night, Brody had climbed onto the bed with Cassandra. They were both sleeping on their sides, with Brody draping one arm around Cassandra's midsection. 

Rachel looked up at Finn in question, but Finn was just as confused as she was. He just shrugged his shoulders before he continued to lead the way into the kitchen. 

"I didn't know they liked each other," Rachel said as she opened the refrigerator to grab some orange juice. 

"Cas never mentioned it to me," Finn said as he turned on one of the burners on the stove and started to scramble some eggs. "You like your eggs scrambled, right?" 

Rachel smiled as she walked up and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind. "I love how you always pay attention to my preferences," she said before she planted a kiss on his shoulder. "Yes I like my eggs scrambled," she answered him. 

"Hey look who's up," Puck said as he walked into the kitchen, giving Quinn a piggyback ride. Like Finn, Puck was not wearing a shirt, only a pair of sweatpants. 

Quinn was still wearing her pajamas, and when she saw Rachel, she looked her up and down, taking note of her lack of clothing. "Later," was all she had to say in order to convey that the two of them were going to have a LONG talk about what had happened the night before. 

"You guys hungry?" Finn asked. 

"Yeah," Puck and Quinn said in unison. 

"You need any help?" Puck asked as Quinn climbed off his back and walked over to Rachel. 

"You could fry some bacon and start with the hash browns," Finn said as he pointed to the fridge with the spatula in his hand. 

Rachel and Quinn stood back and watched as Finn and Puck cooked breakfast. They were not only surprised that they could cook, but amused that they actually WANTED to cook. 

Finn looked over his shoulder at the girls, and raised his eyebrows in question. "What?" 

Puck looked over his shoulder as well and waited for the girls to answer. 

"You two have got to be the only guys in the entire school that can cook," Rachel said. 

"Not only that," Quinn added. "But you two have got to be the only guys that actually LIKE to cook." 

Just then Kurt and Blaine walked into the kitchen. 

"Ahhhh, breakfast," Blaine said as he walked over to Finn and Puck. "Did you want pancakes, Kurt?" 

"Yeah," Kurt replied as he poured himself a glass of juice, then walked over to Rachel and Quinn. "Blueberry," he quickly amended. 

"Coming right up," Blaine said before he reached into a cupboard and pulled out the pancake grill. 

Rachel and Quinn were staring at Kurt in shock. 

"What?" Kurt asked as he stood next to them.