chapter 28

They all arrived at the prom about an hour late, much to Blaine's dismay. "I knew we should have left sooner," he complained. 

"Blaine, Blaine, Blaine" Quinn said calmly. "We can't arrive at the prom on time. We need to make an entrance, and the only way to do that is to arrive late." 

"Amen, girl," Kurt said, agreeing with Quinn. 

Blaine then turned to Puck. "Help me out here, bud." 

"Sorry," Puck said with a smile. "You're on your own with this one." 

Blaine then turned to Finn, but Finn spoke up before Blaine could even ask the question. "Don't look at me. I know better than to argue with Kurt." 

"Wimps," Blaine muttered to himself. 

As they walked through the doors, they noticed that nearly the entire school was already there. The music was pretty loud, but not to the point of rupturing an eardrum. 

"Let's get our pictures taken first," Rachel said with a smile, grabbing Finn's hand and leading him over to the photographer before he could respond. Everyone else decided to follow their lead, and they all stood in line waiting for their turn. 

Finn and Rachel stepped in front of the camera, and waited patiently as the photographer moved them into position. When everything was set, the photographer went back to his camera. "Alright...on the count of three. One, two, three," the photographer said, then took the picture. "Perfect." 

Finn and Rachel smiled at each other as they stepped down, then Finn pulled Rachel close to his body while they waited for the rest of their friends to get their pictures taken. 

Rachel was smiling as she watched Puck and Quinn fight for position in front of the camera, but her smile quickly faded when she glanced over and saw Cassandra standing off to the side, all by herself. Her heart went out to the tall, blonde-haired girl. Rachel then tugged on Finn's sleeve, and whispered something into his ear. Finn immediately looked over at Cassandra, then back at Rachel. 

"Are you sure?" he asked Rachel. 

Rachel nodded and smiled, showing Finn that she really wouldn't mind if he did what she had suggested. Finn smiled in return before he kissed her lightly. 

"You amaze me more and more each day," he said as he reached out and cupped her cheek in his hand. 

Rachel leaned into his touch slightly before she motioned for him to go. She watched as Finn walked over to Cassandra. 

"Hey," Finn said as he approached his friend. 

"Hey," Cassandra responded. 

"So...are we going to get in line, or are we going to stand here all night?" Finn asked, motioning toward the line that had formed from people waiting to get their picture taken. 

"What?" Cassandra asked, confused. 

"Come on," Finn said as he reached down and grabbed her hand, leading her to the back of the line. 

"You don't have to do this, Finn," Cassandra said. 

"What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't? Besides...I want to," Finn said with a smile. 

"But what about Rachel?" Cassandra asked a little nervously. "I don't want to make her upset." 

"This was her idea," Finn said, noting the look of shock on Cassandra's face. 

Cassandra turned to look at Rachel and noticed that she was looking back at her. She saw Rachel smile, and she soon found herself smiling back. "She's something else," Cassandra whispered to herself. 

"Yes she is," Finn agreed, barely hearing Cassandra's comment. He too was staring at Rachel, but the look he was giving her was completely different from the look that Cassandra was. Cassandra was giving Rachel a look of thanks, while Finn was giving Rachel a look of love. 

After Finn and Cassandra got their picture taken, Cassandra walked up to Rachel. "Thank you," she said before pulling Finn's girlfriend into a hug. 

"You don't need to thank me," Rachel responded. "I know that you and Finn are really good friends, and that you would prefer to have your picture taken with him instead of Blaine or Puck." 

"Let's find ourselves a table to throw our crap on, then let's get out on the dance floor!" Blaine said, taking charge. They found an empty table off to the side, and after the guys had shed their coats, they all walked out to dance. 

Rachel couldn't help but stare as Finn took off his coat. God, he's gorgeous, she thought. She watched every move he made as he gently removed his coat and draped it over the back of one of the chairs. She thought he looked good with his coat on, but seeing him in his pants, white shirt, vest and bow tie caused Rachel to lick her lips. She didn't want him to stop with the coat. She wanted him to keep on stripping. 

"Care to dance?" Finn asked, reaching out his hand for Rachel to take. 

Rachel smiled at him as she tried to clear her head of the impure thoughts that were racing around. She knew that it was impossible to control her hormones completely, but she also knew that she needed to try. She didn't think that ripping Finn's clothes off in the middle of prom was something that the principal would find acceptable. 

Finn led Rachel out to the dance floor, right next to the rest of their friends. It was an upbeat song, so everyone was smiling as they tried to avoid bumping into each other. It was pretty crowded, so it was impossible not to run into someone else at one time or another. 

For the people who are reading my other story Plus 1 its going to be getting discontinued, well more of a hiatus than a discontinue, but as of now I wont be updating that story I just haven't been having much luck with that story lately but I hope to start writing again when I come up with something!