Chapter XLIV: Lady Iruegh

They spent the night there; lying on their pallet, Aryon enclosed Nerwen in a comforting embrace, asking for nothing, with the sole purpose to make her feel his support in this moment of grief. He kissed her brow, tenderly, and as Nerwen lifted her face to his, he kissed her lips, too, repeatedly, gently, sweetly. She responded, a little uncertain at first, but then she pressed herself on him and parted her lips. It was a clear invitation, but nonetheless, Aryon kept ready to withdraw at the first sign of hesitation; he brushed her tongue with his own, in a kiss that was meant to give her comfort, more than expressing his desire. Slowly, he caressed her arm, until he intertwined his fingers with hers, and took their joint hands to his heart.

Nerwen returned his kiss, immensely grateful for his presence and support; she felt she loved him even more for this. Impulsively, she lifted one leg and pulled him closer.

Feeling her urging him on, Aryon kissed her with more emphasis, offering himself to her even if still resolved to stop at any time; but Nerwen responded with equal fervour. Hence, he disentangled his fingers from hers and undid slowly her shirt, giving her time to withdraw; but she didn't. He slipped his hand into the neckline to caress her breasts; Nerwen sighed in his mouth and swayed her pelvis against his.

Noticing their activities, Túdhin moved discreetly away, joining the horses who were sleeping at some distance. In the long years he had spent with Nerwen, the not frequent times it had happened he had always done the same, giving her some intimacy.

The two lovers got rid of their clothes, brushing tenderly each other's skin as they gradually bared it. Nerwen lowered one hand between their bodies, touching Aryon intimately and causing him to breathe hard; then he grasped her fingers and moved them away.

"No, love..." he whispered, "This time it's only for you..."

Realising his aim, her heart skipped one beat, and a lump of emotion closed her throat: her Avar prince was simply wonderful.

Aryon dropped his lips on Nerwen's neck, nibbling the tender skin of her throat in the spot where he felt the fast throb of her heart; then he descended on the soft mounds of her breasts. Feeling him taking a peak in his mouth, the Aini trembled and moaned softly.

"Oh Aryon..." she sighed.

"Nerwen..." he answered, brushing the other nipple with the tip of his fingers and making her quiver again in pleasure. He moved his head, switching breast, as his hand slipped along her palpitating abdomen until he arrived on the threshold of her femininity. She parted her thighs, allowing him caressing her in an exciting, but at the same time gentle way; she uttered another whimper.

Encouraged, Aryon lowered himself even more along her beautiful body, kissing every centimetre as he descended to his aim; then he settled between her legs and placed his lips on the access of her secret garden. Nerwen startled and a soft cry escaped her throat as she felt Aryon's tongue stroking her sensually, deeply, but still using an incredible tenderness. Her eyes filled with moved tears, as her body shuddered in pleasure.

Aryon savoured her for a long time, sweetly, relishing her taste, which he thought more delicious than any delicacy in the world. Her breathing became more and more erratic and her shivers stronger and stronger; at that point, he raised to lay down on her and Nerwen embraced him with her arms and legs, more than ready. In the dim light of the stars, looking into her eyes, Aryon thrusted himself inside of her, and she welcomed him with a long sigh, parting her lips in an ecstatic expression.

"I love you," he whispered, "With all my heart, with all my soul, with all my being..."

Tears filled again the Maia's eyes; one dropped out from a corner, rolling down her temple. Aryon wiped it with his lips.