Chapter XIX: Caras Galadhon

(This chapter has not yet been edited, pls forgive mistakes and oddities)

Chapter XIX: Caras Galadhon

Celeborn: very tall, with long, silvery hair and a solemn stare; at his side Galadriel: slender and tall as much as him, with the shimmering golden hair which gained her the name Celeborn had given her, maiden crowned with a radiant garland, and made her prefer it over the names her parents had given her.

Both were dressed in white and silver, and awaited their guests at the bottom of the large stairs leading to the throne room. Elladan and Elrohir bowed low to them as the Lord and Lady of Lórien, but then rushed to hug them as the maternal grandparents they hadn't seen in a long time. Even if the twins were tall, they didn't match the height of their hosts, who were over 1,90 m.

Galadriel kissed their brows, then she turned to her old friend.

"Nerwen Laiheri, welcome in our home," she said.

"Only Nerwen the Green, now," the Istar corrected her, returning her smile. Galadriel nodded: she had noticed her look was different, and it wasn't just because of the shape or her ears; she was veiled, as Elrond had told her.

She opened her arms, and Nerwen approached her; the two old friends hugged affectionately, happy to meet again after all those centuries: the last time had been in Menegroth, the underground palace of Thingol and Melian in Doriath, before Galadriel and Celeborn decided to go east, beyond the Ered Luin, and before the War of Wrath which would destroy Beleriand.

When they parted, Nerwen looked into Galadriel's bright blue eyes and saw that, in the many centuries that had passed since their last encounter, the Lady of the Galadhrim, who already in Valinor was counted among the wisest of the Noldor, had grown even more in wisdom.

"I'm glad to see you," she said.

"I, too," Galadriel said, in a moved tone uncommon for her, who was usually very self-controlled.

Celeborn, too, came near and, in a more formal way but with equal pleasure, embraced his wife's old friend.

"Welcome, Lady Nerwen," he said, "I'm glad you're here."

"Thank you, Lord Celeborn," she answered, "I, too, am glad to be here."

"Where's our sister?" Elrohir enquired.

"We sent for her as soon as we learned you were about to arrive at Caras Galadhon," Galadriel answered, then she cast a glance at Nerwen, "Arwen looks exactly like your niece Lúthien," she warned her. The Istar nodded:

"Mithrandir told me. I'm actually very curious to verify personally how much this is true."

"Very," Galadriel assured her.

"Elladan! Elrohir!" they heard an excited voice. Turning, Nerwen was shocked: the only, most beloved child of Melian, Lúthien Tinúviel, the most beautiful creature who had ever trod the world's paths, was standing before her, alive and vibrant with joy. The Aini staggered, and Celeborn supported her by her elbow, looking at her slightly worried.

 The Aini staggered, and Celeborn supported her by her elbow, looking at her slightly worried