Jeongguk chuckles at Yerim's comment. "So, I'm not handsome in your eyes anymore?"

Yerim rests her chin above her hand on the table and grins up at him. "So you do like compliments. Last I remember, you told me not to call you that," she blinks her star-filled eyes and turns back to the little girl who is pulling out a paintbrush and a few tiny bottles of paint. "Okay then, handsome human. How long have you been out here?"

Jeongguk narrows his eyebrows and glances around his surroundings. "I haven't been keeping track of time."

"I see you've been reading again," She glances at the book in his hands and Jeongguk nods. "I've read that book almost 5 times already. It's a masterpiece. Stardust, isn't it?" she adds later.

Jeongguk's eyes widen and he tries to fight the urge to start spazzing about the book right there and then. He still has his little fanboy image intact.

He looks over to what the little girl is doing. She's looking at Yerim with so much excitement as she practically hops up and down on the bench.

"There, there, Moonbyul. We don't want you hurting yourself, right?" Yerim coos and pinches her lightly on the nose. Jeongguk's eyes widen even more. So, Yerim is good with kids, huh?

Jeongguk can't relate.

"What did you want me to paint for you?" Yerim asks as she dips a wet paintbrush into a bottle of yellow.

"Shooting stars, please," the girl-Moonbyul-flashes a smile at her.

Yerim chuckles and proceeds to slide small strokes on the back of the little girl's hand. Jeongguk watches her paint intently. He sees how careful Yerim moves as to not make accidental mistakes. He sees the slight creases in her forehead as she focuses solely on the hand in her own.

Jeongguk thinks that he's never seen anyone draw as fast and as beautiful as her.

"Didn't I paint shooting stars for you yesterday? Why is it gone so fast?"

"Mom said paint is dangerous, so she scrubbed it off. But I told her that I need these stars so that I can wish on them every night," Moonbyul replies with a sad frown.

Yerim responds with a chuckle and lifts her head up for awhile to glance at Jeongguk, who is quietly observing her artwork. He nods for her to continue and she does. Once she's swiped the last stroke to complete her masterpiece, she leans back to stare at it in satisfaction.
"There you go! All done."

"It's beautiful, eonnie!" The girl looks so happy that Jeongguk can't help but smile a little more.

"Aigoo, you're even more beautiful, my little Moonbyul," Yerim coos, proud to see how much the little girl likes her work. She folds her hands together on the table and watches as Moonbyul's eyes fill up with sparks.

"It's really beautiful," Jeongguk finds himself blurting out loud before he can stop himself. Yerim raises an eyebrow up at him in amusement. The little girl, finally aware of Jeongguk's presence beside them, immediately looks up at him and blinks innocently at the stranger.
Yerim nudges Jeongguk and motions for him to come closer as she turns to Moonbyul. "Moonbyul-ah, this is your new oppa. You can call him Jeongguk."

Jeongguk suddenly notices the faint blush of red in the little girl's cheeks. "A-Annyeong, Jeongguk oppa. I'm Moonbyul," she introduces herself shyly.