f o u r t e e n | HEARTBEAT

||THIRD PERSON||
\\MATHEW\\

|

"Dude, we've got practice tomorrow morning, we need to get out of here

"Dude, we've got practice tomorrow morning, we need to get out of here."

"Yeah, but after one more drink."

Anthony shakes his head no towards the bartender as Jackson pulls the glass away from Mathew's hands.

"Mats, you're drunk off your ass right now." Jackson says as he slides the glass away from Mats.

"No, I'm not. I can take another drink." Mathew says, making the boys laugh.

"Mats, your pregnant wife is waiting for you at home." Anthony says trying to convince the drunk.

"Why are you even getting drunk, on a wednesday night?" Anthony continues.

It's midnight and Anthony and Jackson just got to the bar in their pajamas. The both of them got a call from a drunk Mathew, so they both decided to make their way to him.

"Because it's not m-mine." Mathew slurs out.

"What are you talking about?" Jackson asks.

"The baby, it's not mine."

Anthony and Jackson look at each other with wide eyes.

"I don't think we should know that." Anthony whispers out.

"I forgot Mathew tells secrets when he's drunk..." Jackson says.

"Isa left me, you wanna know who's the dad?" Mathew questions the two.

"Uhh..." Anthony starts.

"I don't think this is morally right."

"It's Jayden." Mathew says letting out a low chuckle.

"Bro..." Jackson says out of disbelief.

"We need to tell Eds." Anthony says.

"NO! You can't." Mathew says.

"And why not?"

"Because I don't want her to feel how I feel right now." Mathew starts.

"And besides, she won't pick up the phone. We haven't talked to her in what, s-six months?"

"Mathew, do you still have feelings for Eden?" Jackson asks Mathew, causing Anthony to slap him up the head.

"Dude, you're using him!" Anthony says.

"Well, this is the only way we'll find the truth. You can't tell me that you don't wanna know the answer." Jackson tells Anthony. Mathew's head suddenly slams onto the counter causing the two boys to pick up his head again. Mathew then wakes up with a shock.

"Another d-drink please." Mathew says burping at the end.

"Fine, just a few questions."

|

"Mathew, who is taller, Jackson or me?" Anthony asks the drunk man.

"Truly, Jackson is taller, but we always say you guys are the same height so no one gets hurt." Mathew replies making Jackson pump a fits into the air.

"Okay, last questions." Anthony grumbles rolling his eyes.

"Okay, Mathew."

"Yuh?"

"Do you still have feelings for Eden?"

From across the bar, Eden watches as her friends talk to her drunk Ex. She's back in New York for the Islander's season. Eden is back with a whole new look. Her hair isn't as long as it was before, but cut just past her shoulders. Her skin is glowing and tanned, and her body is more built. Eden has had a lot of time to reflect on herself and build on herself as a person.

"Well, do you?" Anthony asks Mathew when he took a long pause.

"Of course I do. The feelings never went away, I don't know if they ever will." Mathew slurs.

"Do you think you guys should be together, right now?" Jackson asks.

"If we were meant to be together, we would be together." Mathew says, making the boys shut up.

"If she was in this bar, right now, would you go back to her?" Anthony pushes.

"In a heartbeat."

"Okay, it's time to go home." Anthony announces as him and Jackson lifts Mathew up and drags him out to the car.

Little did the boys know, Eden was there the whole time.