f o u r | BAR

||THIRD PERSON||
\\EDEN\\

|

O N E     Y E A R   L A T E R

|

"Eds, it's been over a year, you should find someone

"Eds, it's been over a year, you should find someone." Jonah sighs as she drops down onto Eden's couch.

"Why? I don't feel the need to." Eden says as she sits at her desk, typing away on her laptop.

"But you're 22! You should be going out and partying! But instead, you're at your desk, working for no reason!" Turner says as he leans on the kitchen counter.

"Turner, you don't even have a man yet. And you're 22 also, stop talking like you're a wise old man." Eden says rolling her eyes and pushes up her glasses.

"Eds, he's right. And I'm the married one here, I believe it's time for you to get out there again!" Jonah says and Eden drops the paper she was reading.

"Why is this so important to you anyways?" Eden questions Jonah.

"Well, I'm not going to be able to party anymore because of this little one..." Jonah says as she rubs her stomach.

Turner and Eden's eyes then widen at the sudden news.

"WHAT!" The two yell.

"I can't believe this! I'm so proud!" Turner says as he runs up to Jonah and hugs her tight.

"Oh my God! We need to celebrate!" Eden says as she jumps up from her desk and over to her phone that's charging.

"Who are you calling?" Jonah asks Eden.

"Mathew, duh." Eden says as she dials his number.

Jonah and Turner then turn to each other with raised eyebrows.

"What?" Eden questions them as she brings the phone up to her ear.

"Nothing, nothing at all."

|

"no no no, you can not drink wine." Eden says as she snatches the wine glass from Jonah's grasp.

Turner, Jonah, Jackson, and Eden are sitting in a booth in a bar. Food is placed around the table and everyone has one drink in their hand.

"One sip wouldn't hurt.... right?" Jonah asks and Turner rolls his eyes.

"It will." He says.

"It's okay babe, you just need to wait after 9 months, then you can drink again." Jackson says as he wraps his arm around Jonah's shoulders.

"This is gonna be a rough nine months." Jonah says as she leans her head onto Jackson's shoulder.

"It will be all worth it." Eden says smirking at the couple.

Just then, Mathew and Isa walk into the bar hand in hand. A small pang of hurt hits Eden, but she know's better than that.

"Sorry we're late, there was a car accident around the corner." Mathew says as he slides into the booth beside Eden and Isa slides in beside Jonah.

"Congrats Jonah!" Isa states as she brings Jonah into a tight embrace.

"Thank you." Jonah says with a smile.

"Hey." Mathew says down to Eden as everyone has their own little conversation.

"Hey, ready for the road trip coming up?" Eden questions Mathew.

"Yeah, you coming on this one?" Mathew asks and Eden nods her head.

"Yeah, um I'm gonna grab another round." Eden announces to the table as she picks up the beer pitcher.

"I'll come along." Turner says as he and Eden side out of the booth and make their way to the bar.

"I got one question for you." Turner says as Eden hands the pitcher off to the bartender.

"Uh oh, what is it?" Eden questions with a smile.

"Why do you still talk to Mathew? Clearly you're hurting still, why do you keep torturing yourself?" Turner asks, and Eden knows there's no lying her way out of this one.

"Because if we weren't friends anymore, then everything would go away. Our friendship, our memories, and more. I just couldn't let that go." Eden sighs, then there was a short pause before Turner spoke up.

"How do you love someone and just, walk away?" Turner says and pauses to snap his fingers.

"Just like that."

"I don't know, you just go on as normal. You get up, get dressed, go to work." Eden says as the bartender hands her the full pitcher.

"How can you do that? How can you be okay with that?" Turner questions.

"I have to be, it's apart of the contract."

Eden then walks towards the happy table.