e l e v e n | OVER

||THIRD PERSON||
\\EDEN\\

|

T W O    M O N T H S    B E F O R E    T H E   W E D D I N G 

|

"Yup! The cake is gonna be ready by the wedding Isa, don't worry about it!" Eden reassures the bride through the phone as she steps out of her car

"You know you're the best right." Isa tells Eden.

"I know I am, now get some rest. We've got a long day of dress shopping tomorrow!" Eden says. The two then quickly say their goodbyes.

Eden sighs as she hangs up the phone. Eden then makes her way up her driveway into her and Jayden's house. The two patched up their relationship and ended up getting a new place.

After the proposal, Mathew ended up finding Eden in a near by McDonalds eating a junior chicken, and decided to join her. After that day, Isa found out Eden planned the whole proposal and asked her to be her bridesmaid.

Once at the front door, Eden opens the door and kicks off her shoes. Eden isn't expecting Jayden to be home until a few days. Recently Jayden has been all caught up on work and hasn't been home in a while.

"Baby?" Jayden says as Eden walks into the living room.

"Jayden? You're home!" Eden says as he is quick to hug her man.

"Yeah, I got off a bit early. Only because I've got a question for you." Jayden says as he pulls away from Eden.

"What is it?" Eden asks.

Jayden then gets down on one knee and all of a sudden, everything starts to become real for Eden.

"Wha-"

"Eden, I love you so so so much. These past few years being with you have possibly been the best days of my life. I can't imagine being with anyone but you, so with that being said, will you marry me?" Jayden asks as he pulls out a small box and flashes the huge diamond ring.

"Oh my God." Eden says as tears threaten to leave her eyes.

"Is that a yes?" Jayden asks with a nervous laugh.

Eden then pauses and thinks. These past years Eden has been with Jayden has been amazing, and she can never forget the moments. Eden can't imagine herself being with anyone but Jayden. He's her dream man, but...

"I-I can't..." Eden answers.

"O-oh uh okay. Do you mind me asking why not?" Jayden questions.

"Jayden, I'm just not ready to get married right now, I'm so busy with work and so are you, I'm planning my best friend's wedding also an-"

"Wait, is this because of Mathew?" Jayden questions.

"Oh, God no!" Eden says as she places her hands over Jayden's and shuts the ring box, leaving it on the coffee table.

"Jayden I love you, but I can't do this." Eden says shaking her head, tears are now running down her face.

"Eden, please just tell me the truth. Is this because of Mathew, I'm not gonna be angry with you or him, I just want to know." Jayden says as he stands up from the floor and Eden follows.

"Mathew is my best frie-"

"I know he is! Eden, I just need a simple yes or no!"

"I don't know!" Eden starts.

"I-I don't know Jayden, I don't know! I'm in love with you, but a part of me still loves him! I know it's wrong and we've missed our chance, but I can't help but think that we're still meant to be! Mat and I have been friends since we were in diapers, then when it all became real to us, I couldn't stop loving him." Eden says and the end of the sentence becomes quiet. Eden is full on sobbing when Jayden pulls her into a hug.

"I love you to Eds, but I want you to fix what's happening all up in that crazy mind of yours, okay?" Jayden questions as he rubs Eden's head.

"O-okay, thank you." Eden says as she slowly pull away from Jayden's hug.

"I'll pack my bags." Jayden says but Eden's quick to stop him.

"No, no I'll leave. I still have my old apartment, I can stay there for now." Eden says and Jayden sighs.

"You sure?"

"Of course." 

|

Eden has just reached her old apartment and the tears have finally stopped. Eden drops all her bags onto the empty floors of her living room.

"Fuck." Eden says realizing she doesn't have any furniture.

The door then swung open revealing a heavy breathing Mathew.

"What's wrong, you texted me SOS, and why are you here?" Mathew asks as he walks over to Eden.

"Uh um, Jayden and I broke up." Eden says, and just like that, the tears started to form.

"I'm gonna kick his as-"

"Mathew stop, it's not worth it." 

"Eden, you are so worth it!" And with that one saying, Eden's tears fell.

"He proposed to me Mathew." Eden starts and Mathew's face softens.

"I said no." Eden says and the tears are coming down hard.

"Eds..." Mathew says and Eden starts to shake from the sobs.

Mathew then grabs Eden's arm and pulls her into a bone crushing hug.

Eden sobs and lets out small screams of pain as she shakes in Mathew's arms. Mathew begins to tear up at the sound of his best friend being hurt.

"Shh shh, please Eds stop crying." Mathew tries to reason.

"It hurts so much Mats, it hurts." Eden cries out.

"I know it does, I know." Mathew says as he rubs Eden's head.

"How could you know?" Eden questions as she pulls away a bit to stare up at him.

"I've been hurt before."

Eden then knew from that point, she hurt Mathew, just as much as he hurt her.