s e v e n | QUESTION

||THIRD PERSON||
\\EDEN\\

|

T H R E E    W E E K S    B E F O R E    T H E    P R O P O S A L 

|

The bar is more packed then it usually is

The bar is more packed then it usually is. Eden, Jonah, Jackson, Turner, and Jayden are all seated in their regular booth. The Rangers just finished their 2022-23 season by getting eliminated by the Bruins in the second round.

"Do you think Mats is gonna show up?" Eden asks bitting her nails as she waits for her friend.

"Babe, he's gonna make it. Relax, okay?" Jayden says as he wraps his arm around Eden's shoulders and places a kiss on her temple. Eden just ignores him and keeps talking everyone's ears off.

"I wonder if he's upset. Actually, stupid question of course he is upset, what am I say-"

"Look, there they are." Turner says rolling his eyes at the worried Eden.

Jonah watches Eden with a smile on her face. Jonah then nudges Jackson in the ribs and he looks down at his wife. Jonah then motions towards how happy Eden looks when Mathew walks into the bar with a slight smile on his face.

"I think you're going to need to owe me $100 dollars at some point." Jonah sats referring to their long term bet.

Jonah bet Jackson $100 dollars that Eden and Mathew will end up back together, and Jackson bet otherwise.

"I don't know, Mathew and Isa are going pretty strong so far." Jackson whispers into Jonah's ear.

Jonah then turns over to Turner and he's looking right at Eden who's smile dropped just a bit. Turner then looks down at Jonah and they both give each other the look.

"Hey guys, sorry we were late. It took a bit longer to get here." Isa explains as she slides into the giant booth beside Jonah.

"It's alright it's alright! I'll go get some more beer for you guys! Jackson, Turner, can you guys help?" Jonah asks the two boys.

"Sure." Jackson says as he gets out the booth.

"But I don't wann-" Turner starts until Jonah glares at him.

"I mean sure, I'd love to!" Turner says as he quickly gets out of the seat and follows behind Jackson with Jonah right behind him.

"How you feeling?" Eden asks Mathew with worry clear in her voice.

"I'm doing fine. I knew I could have played better, but I know we gave it all we got." Mathew sighs out.

"Sorry about that man." Jayden says and Mathew nods his head towards him.

"Thanks Jay." 

"Well since the seasons over, what are you guys planning on doing?" Eden questions Isa and Mathew.

"I'm actually heading down to Arizona for a few days to visit family. Sadly I'm going to have to leave Mats behind." Isa says as she grips Mathew's forearm.

Jonah, Jackson and Turner watch the couples closely, not even caring about the drinks getting warm.

"Look at them, they're practically eye raping each other!" Tunner says motioning towards Eden and Mathew.

"No they're not! It's a look of sympathy. Eden feels bad for Mathew!" Jackson argues.

"Wait wait wait, Isa is leaving?" Jonah questions.

"And so is Jayden?" 

Back to the table, Isa and Jackson both left because they've got work early in the morning tomorrow.

"Hey, I gotta ask you a serious question." Mathew starts once the two left.

"What is it?" 

"So Isa and I have been together for a really long time, and I think it's about time I pop the question." Mathew says, suddenly Eden's shoulder drop slightly.

"Oh uh, you're gonna propose?" Eden questions and Mathew nods his head.

"Yeah and I was thinking I ask her when she comes back from Arizona, and I was wondering if you could help me figure out a cute way to ask her." Mathew says and Eden freezes.

"Can you do that for me?" Mathew asks Eden.

Eden's mind is racing against her heart. Her mind is telling her to say yes, Mathew's her best friend. But her heart is telling her no, that's your man.

Sadly, her mind won the race this time.

"Of course I will! I'm so excited!"

No, no she's not.