t h i r t e e n | AFTER

||THIRD PERSON||
\\EDEN\\

|

O N E   H O U R    A F T E R    T H E   W E D D I N G 

|

Tears are lined against Eden's eyes as she sits on her bed

Tears are lined against Eden's eyes as she sits on her bed. It's been an hour since the wedding took place, and Eden is in her room while everyone is celebrating.

"It's easier this way Eds, it's easier." Eden says to herself.

Eden is about to leave to go back to her hometown in BC without telling anyone. Just as Eden gets the courage to stand up and grab her suitcase, Jonah comes stumbling in looking for her friend.

"Eds? You here?" Jonah asks as she walks into the room fully and spots Eden holding her suitcase.

"Where are you going? Why are you holding your suitcase?" Jonah asks Eden with a chuckle.

Eden's heart starts to break at her oblivious friend.

"Jonah, you shouldn't be here right now." Eden says to her friend.

"You shouldn't be here right now either, you should be downstairs getting drunk." Jonah replies clearly drunk herself.

"No Jonah, you really shouldn't be here right now."

"What, why?" 

Eden takes a pause thinking about her response.

"Jonah, I'm leaving." Eden tells Jonah, and Jonah just laughs it off.

"Okay, I'll come over to your place tomorrow morning. We can grab some breakfast befo-" Jonah starts but Eden cuts her off.

"No Jonah, I'm leaving. I'm leaving New York." Eden tells Jonah and she's quick to sober up.

"No you're not, you're lying." Jonah says not believing Eden.

"I'm really not." 

"But, but you love New York! Your job is with the Islanders, you love the pizza, you love the bar, you love your friends, you love me!" Jonah says causing tears to spill from Eden's eyes.

"I know, I love you all, and maybe some of you a little too much." Eden speaks out and Jonah's face soften.

"Wait, you're leaving New York because you're in love with Mathew, you're in love with your best friend..." Jonah says and Eden nods her head yes keeping quiet.

"And you think to make the feelings go away, you need to go away..." Jonah says and Eden nods her head yes again.

"Jonah, you don't know how much I'm hurting. I can't stay near him, I just can't." Eden says finally breaking down.

"Sometimes I just think, what if I never came to New York. I would have never kissed Mathew, I would never have fake dated him, I would have never made a contract, and I would never have gotten my heartbroken." Eden says.

"But, if you never came to New York, we wouldn't be as close." Jonah practically whispers.

"I know, but I love you so much. I would never have asked for a better friend than you." Eden says.

"But I have to leave everything behind." Eden says.

"No, no, Eds. Please don't leave me." Jonah says taking a step towards Eden but she takes a step back.

"Jonah, you know I have to do this." Eden says shaking her head.

"When are you coming back?" Jonah questions.

"That's the thing, I don't know."