Flirt 'n' Skrt

"You can't blame me for having to piss!" Bev protested, folding her arms across her chest.

"Y - Y - Yes I c - can!" Bill exclaimed indignantly. "Y - You drank, like, f - fuh - fuh - five water b - b - b - b - bottles!" Stan glared at the road ahead of him like it was his worst enemy. They had been driving for almost four hours. It was almost ten in the morning, which was when he had been hoping to stop.

"Four," Bev muttered under her breath, but Eddie could tell she was guilty.

"Stop fighting! I wanted to stop soon, anyway!" Stan announced, and Bill sobered up immediately while Bev perked up a little too. They took the nearest exit and pulled in to the closest gas station. Everyone piled out, and Eddie, who's adrenaline rush had long-since faded, stumbled along groggily.

"Richie," Eddie called in a sing-song voice. He caught up to the boy and clutched his hand tightly as they walked, smiling as he felt him lace their fingers together. "I love you," Eddie stated loudly enough for everyone to hear. Richie's cheeks became a light pink color, and happiness sparkles in his eyes. There was a hushed 'awww' from Bev as they entered the gas station, which, in Eddie's opinion, was the ideal spot to profess your love.

"Do you, now?" Richie teased, leading Eddie through the first aisle of chips and candy.

"Yes!" Eddie replied. "I'm only reminding you because I don't want you to forget. If you forgot, then you might not remember to sit next to me on the scarier rides like.." His voice dropped to a much quieter whisper, and he glanced up and down the aisle as if it was a secret. "Splash Mountain." Richie threw his head back, laughing out loud.

"S - S - Shut up!" Bill yelled from the other side of the building, but Richie just lifted his hand above the wall of snacks and gave him the finger.

"Splash Mountain is not scary, Eddie. It's bright and colorful and has awesome music. It's just a boat ride!" Richie's gaze skimmed the breakfast snacks, if they could be considered that. There were small packs of donuts, and he opted to grab one of those, handing it to Eddie and picking up another one.

"Yeah, with a really big hill!" Eddie insisted. "I saw a video, Rich. Everyone was screaming."

"That's what people do on rides like that, Eddie Spaghetti. They wave their hands in the air like they just don't care!" Richie demonstrated, earning a soft giggle from his partner. "Anyway, we should pay for this stuff and use the bathroom while we still can." He hesitated though, putting the donuts down and wrapping Eddie up in his arms.

"I love you, too, though," he said very seriously. "I could never forget that. I'll sit with you on any ride you'd like." He placed a kiss on the tip of Eddie's nose and picked the donuts back up, pretending not to notice the bright pink tinge on Eddie!s cheek as they walked up to the front counter. Stan was already standing there with Bill, and Richie tossed his stuff down too, shoving the curly-haired boy out of the way.

"It's on me!" He announced, throwing down a few bills. The cashier shrugged and took the money, putting everything in a plastic bag and handing it to them. "You're already paying for more than half of this trip," Richie explained, handing the bag to Stan. He glanced over his shoulder and saw that Eddie had disappeared, but the bathroom door was swinging shut.

"Thanks, Rich." Stan smiled. "I'm going to round up the people that have already used the bathroom and fill up the tank while we're here. Can you wait for Bev?"

"Yes, Sir." Richie saluted, and Stan rolled his eyes, taking Bill's hand and leaving to round everyone up, including Eddie, who was walking back out of the bathroom. Richie leaned against the counter, watching as the group left and then Bev practically dragged herself out of the bathroom moments later.