Haircut

"Eddie, no!" Richie whined through the phone. "No!"

"Yes, Richie! Yes," Eddie insisted. "I'm doing this."

Richie nearly threw his phone at the wall out of frustration. He got up off of his bed and walked into the hallway, heading for the kitchen.

"Why? It's so perfect the way it is!" He said grouchily, pouring himself a cup of coffee from the pot Eddie had brewed before he left. They had opted to skip school that day which would probably turn a few of the Losers' heads but Eddie said he had some business to take care of, and he didn't want to fry his brain before his first day of his new job.

"Shut up, Richie. This is how she wanted it, and I'm not having anything the way she wants it. Remember that summer when we were like, thirteen? And it was short like that?" Eddie sounded exasperated, but Richie was in a stubborn mood.

"Yes," he admitted. "If I just come get you will you change your mind?"

"No, Richie." Eddie sighed heavily. "I'm getting a haircut whether you like it or not. I need to save up for a new pair of glasses, too." Richie took a sip of the lukewarm coffee, nose wrinkling slightly, but he forced it down as he started getting his shoes on.

"Fine. But I am coming to see it and I'm getting a coffee at Dunkin Donuts while you're working because the shit you left on the counter is gross." He scowled deeply and tossed his mug in the sink, pulling on his jacket. It was starting to get colder outside.

"Fine by me. They just called my name, so I've gotta go. You can't distract me at work or I'll get fired and starve. Love you, bye!" The line went dead, and Richie laughed, closing the front door behind him as he headed outside. He climbed into the car and started it up, pulling out of the driveway and starting down the street. He turned on the radio to an 80's station and bobbed his head gently, humming the tune under his breath.

"Just another manic Monday!" He screamed out the window, rolling it up immediately after with a laugh. He turned down the road that would take him downtown and glanced on either side of the road, looking for a place to park. It wasn't too crowded, kids were at school and parents were at work so the public parking was relatively empty. He pulled into a spot and got out of the car, turning it off and closing the door.

"Eddie, your hair!" He cried dramatically as he entered the barber shop. A few heads turned and he got some stares, but his attention was 100% fixed on the boy who was already getting up out of his chair and running his hands through his freshly cut hair. Eddie turned around, rolling his eyes at Richie's dumbfound expression. The taller boy gasped at him, mouth opening and closing like he was a fish out of water.

Eddie's hair was short and straight and neat and perfect and Richie loved it. Of course, he couldn't admit that, not after he had tried so hard to keep Eddie from changing it. So he put an indifferent expression on his face and shrugged, making a so-so motion with his hands.

"Don't be an idiot," Eddie quipped, handing the hairstylist his money and heading for the door. "It's fine. Don't forget, you used to love it when I had my hair cut like this. You would never stop touching it." On cue, Richie's hands buried themselves in Eddie's hair. Once they were outside, Richie turned the boy around and played with his chocolate locks for a few seconds.

"I guess I can live with it," he mused. "Can I, eh.. Can I distract you for a few minutes in the car before you go to work?"

Eddie laughed, his cheeks flushing a little bit and his eyes lighting up. He grabbed Richie's hand and walked over to the car, climbing into the back seat and pulling the ravenette in with him. Richie reached back and closed the door before swooping down upon Eddie and capturing his lips in a soft kiss.

"Do you really not like it?" Eddie asked softly as Richie placed gentle kisses on the side of his neck.

"I think you look adorable. It reminds me of the days when you would get snarky at everything I said. You're so sassy." Richie pressed his lips to the sensitive skin behind Eddie's ear, and the brunette shivered. He smiled, and Richie placed another kiss on his cheek, fingers making circles on his hips.

"I'm glad you don't really hate it. I was worried." Eddie lifted Richie's chin, fitting their lips,together again and holding them there for a moment. Richie then placed a kiss on the tip of his nose, grinning from ear to ear.

"Nothing you could ever do would make you any less beautiful in my eyes."

"Oh, really?" Eddie smirked. "What if I dyed my hair rainbow and shaved it into a mohawk? Or I got a furry suit and became a furry porn star? Or both?" His outrageous ideas certainly got Richie laughing, and he pushed his face into Eddie's shoulder, lowering himself over the brunette so that it was easier on his own arms.

"I would still love you," he said finally. "But I would probably also hire you a therapist." Now Eddie was laughing, too.

"That's unfortunate. I was looking in to colleges for that type of stuff." Eddie pulled Richie into another soft kiss, smiling against his lips. "I've got to go to work."

"Can't I distract you from that, too?" Richie begged.

"Nope. I'm afraid not."