Warm Hands

Eddie nearly flinched when the door closed behind him. The younger girl turned to face him and he was suddenly struck with the thought that she was extremely attractive for her age. Of course, he was gay, so it didn't make much of a difference to him, but he could still appreciate women's beauty. She was what, twelve? Maybe thirteen? And yet, she had on makeup. Judging by her eyes and facial features, like the freckles that just peeked though the junk she had caked onto her face, she was almost certainly just as gorgeous without that garbage. But who was Eddie to judge? Girls were cruel. Perhaps she had her reasons.

"So was that your boyfriend or something?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Eddie glanced around the room, his cheeks heating up and a bashful smile tugging at his lips. A warm feeling was arising in the pit of his stomach. There was a soft giggle, and he locked his gaze back on the girl, fully aware of the fact that he was blushing uncontrollably and yet unable to wipe away his smile.

"I'll take that as a yes." She winked, and Eddie couldn't help but laugh a little bit. He liked this girl. "My brother is upstairs playing video games. He's not very gentlemanly, if you couldn't tell from the fact that I had to answer the door for his friend. He's also making me get the snacks, which is the only reason I was down here instead of locking myself in my room with a book in the first place." This time instead of winking, she rolled her eyes.

"I'll help you get the snacks," Eddie offered, and that was the first time he ever spoke in Parker's household. The young girl looked surprised, but pleased, and when she smiled her entire face lit up like a Christmas tree. Eddie's smile grew wider as he followed her into the kitchen, which was huge. There were more cabinets than Eddie could count, and the fridge had way too many drawers. Eddie shook his head, amusement bubbling in his chest as she opened a few cabinets, revealing what appeared to be the junk food stash of the house.

"Take your pick. Parker likes all of them, but be warned, if you choose the Pringles then I will most definitely be paying you visits, because those are my favorite and if I don't steal some while I can, then my absolute pig of a brother will eat all of them." Eddie laughed, glancing around at all of the options. The only time he was ever allowed to eat this junk was when his mother didn't know, so he decided to pick wisely.

"I wouldn't mind a few visits, you've been nice to me so far." He grabbed the Pringles, then proceeded to take a bag of Cape Cod potato chips which were his favorite. "Visit whenever you'd like. I'll take out half of them and keep a secret stash for you to steal from." The girl positively beamed, tugging gently at a strand of her dark brown hair where it lay just past her shoulder.

"Thanks you," she mumbled, cheeks becoming slightly red through her concealer.

"Hey, Jingle-Bell, I've got someone coming over, so could you -" Both Eddie and the young girl looked over at Parker, who had just entered the room with a bright smile. His eyes settled on Eddie, and his smile widened a little.

"Oh, hey, Eds. This is my little sister, Isabella." Isabella waved, and Eddie waved back, glad to put a name to the face, yet inwardly cringing at the sound of his nickname coming from anyone other than Richie.

"People call me Bella," she put in quickly, and Eddie nodded, before a rather awkward silence fell upon the trio. Eddie scratched the back of his neck, tightening his grip on the chips.

"Well, Eddie, I'll show you my game room. I've got video games and everything, and we brought the soda up a little while ago, so you don't have to worry about that." Eddie cast Bella a grateful look, before following Parker up their grand and winding staircase. There were lots of doorways on the first landing, but Parker led Eddie through the first one. Consoles were set up underneath a huge television screen that made Eddie's television look like an iPad in comparison. He tried not to look too shocked as he sat cross-legged on one of the squishy beanbag chairs, putting his backpack and the chips down. He remembered what Richie said about not eating anything Parker gave him, but technically he had chosen the snacks, so he decided it was safe enough for him to eat some chips.