Overreacting

Turns out, Bill was overreacting. At least, as far as Eddie was concerned. But then again, Eddie was a little pissy at the fact that Bill had interrupted his moment with Richie.

"He's b - b - been so distant lately," Bill said through the video call. Richie was currently sitting behind a very distracted Eddie. The small boy's mother had finally given up after another hour of pounding on his door, in which Richie had gathered him up into his arms and sat them both down on the brunette's rather soft bed. Bill had requested to video chat with all of them, regardless of how late it was, and they had all accepted, Eddie using his laptop so it was a bigger screen.

The freckled boy shuddered as he felt a pair of very soft lips ghost across the side of his neck, and he tilted his head to block them, but they just attacked the exposed side instead.

"He's a teenager, Billy," Bev had said, and Eddie agreed silently, annoyed with the hands that were beginning to grasp his waist from behind. They traveled up and underneath Richie's big sweatshirt that was much to large for Eddie's tiny frame, brushing against the scrawny boy's stomach. A twinge of self-consciousness hit him and he grabbed Richie's wrists before they could reach where he knew his ribs were jutting out.

"Yeah, just give him time," Eddie piped up, drawing Richie's hands out from his sweatshirt and instead just drawing them around his waist. He was warm, like always, but he was also just as persistent as ever. Teeth snagged Eddie's earlobe and tugged gently, before lips dragged teasingly along the side of his neck, grazing his pulse point and causing him to take a deep breath.

"Listen, I'm really sorry, but I have to go. My mom already yelled at me tonight, I don't want to deal with it again." Richie smiled against his skin, and Eddie leaned back against him, eyes fluttering shut for a brief moment as he allowed the boy to pull him closer.

"S - S - S - Seriously? W - What the hell, Eddie? Y - You're b - b - b - b - blowing off this c - conversation to sc - screw you boyfriend?" Bill's hurt questioning caused Eddie's eyes to fly back opened and he wrenched himself away from Richie, his mouth falling opened. Bill looked beyond hurt, even though the video wasn't the best quality. Nobody looked impressed with Eddie as he froze, mouth agape, trying to think of another excuse.

"We aren't screwing!" Was the first thing to come out of his mouth. Stan just raised an eyebrow. He was in Bill's room, too, so they shared a screen.

"Eddie, it's late at night and you're sitting on your bed in what he calls your 'sexy outfit'. Plus, he can't keep his hands or his mouth off of you. Do you think we're blind? We saw him kissing your neck." Stan sounded upset, too. Eddie flushed, his mouth opening and closing as he struggled to think of a reply. All of those things were true, but he had no intentions of having sex that night.

"Whoa, lay off, you guys. If anyone's to blame, it's me. I was the one distracting him." Richie moved his head so it was in view of the camera, and everyone looked unamused.

"You may have distracted him, Rich, but I don't think you make his decisions for him. He clearly decided by himself to end the call on his part to mess around with you." Both teenagers looked at Bev's corner, and she, like Stan and Bill, did not look happy.

"Yeah, we're happy for you guys, but don't let your relationship get in the way of what's really important." Ben sounded like he was trying to be wise, Eddie thought with a scowl, glaring down at the computer.

"What's really important?" Eddie repeated, anger flaring up within him at the way Stan rolled his eyes at his reaction. "Since when are relationships not really important? Since when is our relationship as a group of friends not important? Bev literally just said, Georgie is a teenage now. He's gonna go through a time where he doesn't find his big brother as cool as he used to." Eddie scowled deeply, ignoring the way Richie tugged at the back of his sweatshirt in warning.

"So forgive me if I don't see it as that big of a deal. I just don't. Forgive me if I have other shit on my mind. Forgive me if sometimes I feel like there's something wrong with me. Bill, I think you need to stop being so wrapped up in your brother. I get it, he's important to you, but he isn't your life. Just like how Richie and I have things we care about other than each other. I think you need to find something that isn't Georgie to focus on a little more." Feeling rather bold, Eddie didn't hesitate to hit home.

"How about paying a little attention to your boyfriend every now and again, yeah? He deserves some of your time at least." With that, he exited the call and shut his laptop, putting it aside and turning to face Richie. The boy looked surprised, but he didn't say anything, just smiled grimly before pulling back the covers and climbing into bed. He patted the spot next to himself and Eddie joined him, snuggling close.

"Goodnight, Spaghetti."

"Goodnight, 'Chee."