You Don't Listen To Anyone

Eddie hadn't been expecting Richie to really come over. Before he knew it, the boy was climbing in through his window like this was some kind of old movie where the parents didn't let them through the door so they found another way in. He thought for a moment about how it was usually the boy that the girl liked who did this, like Steve Harrington for example, and peered at Richie through squinted eyes.

"Hey, Eds." He grinned, opening his arms. Eddie rushed forward and enveloped him in a big hug. He didn't really think about it anymore, that was just how they were sometimes. He breathed in Richie's scent, his lips curving upwards into a smile as he pressed his face into the boy's shoulder.

"Man, getting a greeting like this really makes me feel worthy of that caption." Upon hearing his comment, Eddie blushed, pushing his face further into his friend's shirt. He hadn't really meant the comment. Of course, he thought Richie was attractive. Everyone thought their best friends were attractive. It was usually more in a personality way than an appearance way, but so what if in Eddie's case it was both?

"Shut up, Richie... I didn't think you were actually going to show up." He pulled his face back to look up at his friend, who grinned and placed a soft kiss on his nose just like he used to do when they were little kids. Eddie smiled fondly, unfolding himself from his best friend and scurrying over to sit on his bed.

"I wasn't, but then I was already at your house anyway since all I do is worry about when the next time we're going to hang out will be, so I decided, fuck it. I'm just gonna climb through his window." Richie pushed the window the rest of the way opened and shed his shirt, making sure to fold it and put it below the window like Eddie had asked him the first few times he had visited. He used to just throw his clothes in the corner, but Eddie only had to ask him once and Richie was keeping himself in line.

Eddie had never given it much thought, but at he watched Richie fold his shirt and place it neatly under the window, he realized that Richie never did what people asked of him. What made their relationship any different?

"What do you wanna do today, Eds?" Richie fell back onto the bed, causing the springs to creak beneath him. His slender frame turned towards his best friend and the brunette found himself staring down at the curly-haired boy for a few moments.

"You don't listen to anyone, Richie." He said it like it was obvious, and it was. Richie raised an eyebrow, beginning to laugh at Eddie's comment.

"No, I don't. Why do you say that like you're just figuring it out? You've always known that I don't listen to anyone." He smiled lazily, tilting his head back and resting his chin on his fist. Eddie sighed, glancing down at his hands.

"You listen to me. Why do you listen to me and nobody else? I know this is kinda random, but I just realized now that anyone could ask you to do anything, and you wouldn't unless you were getting something out of it. But just now, you folded your shirt like I asked you to do that one time, and you've always done it ever since. That's not the only example, either. The only thing you don't listen to is the nicknames." Eddie rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. Richie furrowed his brow, confusion clouding his gaze.

"Gee, Eds. I guess you're right." Outwardly, Eddie cringed at the nickname, but on the inside he was giddy at the sound of it. "I've never really thought about it." Richie reached out, his skinny arms wrapping around Eddie and dragging him closer so that they were snuggling like they usually did. "I guess cause you're my best friend, and I really care about how you think of me. Obviously I love all of the losers, but you're the most important to me in a way. I want you to know that I respect you, because I know there are so many people that don't. It's just kind of a subconscious thing at this point."

Eddie smiled, tucking his head under his best friend's chin. His heart fluttered the way it usually did when Richie said things like that. Sometimes Eddie would ask deep questions on purpose just because he knew Richie would say something deep in return and then they would have a moment. The bare skin of Richie's chest burned against Eddie's cheek. It was too hot to be cuddling, but he didn't really mind.

"I appreciate that, Richie. It really means a lot. I know you respect me, even if you are an asshole sometimes... And don't call me Eds!" The last statement was filled with more adoration that the usual frustration. Eddie knew his mother would be coming up to check on him soon, and she wouldn't be happy if Richie was still there, but at the moment he couldn't find it in him to care.

Right then, it was just the two of them, best friends forever. That was all that mattered.

26 likes

26 likes

eds.the.spagheds: Sometimes its the little things that count 💞

Tagged: @trashmouth_tozier

———

trashmouth_tozier: if ur lucky maybe someday u will find out that there is nothing little about me, spaghetti head 👅👅😘😘💦💦😩😩😉😉👌🏻👌🏻😍😍

beverly_hills: @trashmouth_tozier ew

stan.the.man: Hey @billy_goat_gruff do you wanna go get ice cream later? We can bring Georgie.

old.macdonald: did stan just ask bill out through eddies post instead of just asking him through their DMs or face-to-face

eds.the.spagheds: @trashmouth_tozier First of all, get over yourself. Second of all, ew what the fuck Richard. And thirdly, EVERYTHING about you is little, including your dick. Also, @old.macdonald yes he did. Why, we may never know.

billy_goat_gruff: yes! i'll ask him now @stan.the.man

beverly_hills: @eds.the.spagheds WHOA WHOA WHOA BACK UP SINCE WHEN DO YOU KNOW HOW BIG RICHIE'S DICK IS?!

trashmouth_tozier: ^^ yeah, since when, eddie?

eds.the.spagheds: @beverly_hills @trashmouth_tozier Since he insisted we measure dick sizes and I beat him by a long shot. The second he saw it he admitted his undying love for me.

trashmouth_tozier: that never happened omg. but more importantly... did my spaghetti just make a dick joke..? i think im in love...

beverly_hills: i'm screaming reddie is real

eds.the.spagheds: @beverly_hills Reddie? @trashmouth_tozier Well, Id certainly hope that you love your hubby. I know I love mine 😘

not.a.bully: faggots

beverly_hills: ignore it.

hay.stack: aw, shit. i missed it again. @beverly_hills i thought we werent gonna tell them about the ship!

trashmouth_tozier: @eds.the.spagheds awwww 😍 ur hubby is coming for that ass later. i may love ur mom but not even she can keep me out for an entire day!

s.s.georgie: Richie to the rescue! Alright, Stanny, I'm ready for my ice cream! Come get us! Bill misses you.

old.macdonald: if that isnt adorable i dont know what is.