Chapter 27- Unsettled Tears in the Unknown.

Genevieve's POV

My head pounded as my eyes woke to darkness.

I groaned.

'Last time I woke in the dark with a pounding head was when I was caught trespassing on pack land and woke up to the confinement of a jail cell which, luckily enough, also contained my mate a few cells down.' Katherine spoke up now fully awake from the spell my mother had put on that room.

That room...

I began to slowly recall all that had happened.

The book, was it safe? Where is Sophia? Is she ok? What happened to Raphael? What happened to...

"Zac!" I yelled panicked. "Zac, are you here? Zac? Raphael? Anyone?"

There came no reply only just the echo of my coarse voice. It felt like I hadn't had a drink in days.

"G-g-gene..." It was a whisper, the faintest of one.

I was trembling from the cold stone floor and crisp air but at least I still had an ounce of warmth left. The producer of that whisper sounded as though they were even colder and couldn't breath in enough oxygen.

"W-who's there?" I was curled up in a ball in the corner as my eyes began to fully adjust to the darkness of the room.

"M-m-me... R-r-ra-fff..."Their voice was very faint and they sounded exhausted. It tired them out to say even their name.

"S-s-say y-your name." I begged.

"R-r-raph..." He whispered.

"R-Raph? H-how are y-you feeling?" I asked crawling closer.

"C-c-cold." His voice shook as he flinched in pain.

I gave a faint laugh but it was too cold to continue. I really wanted to shift and have the fur coat to keep me warm but I couldn't I was in a too bad of shape in my human form to will enough strength to shift.

I looked down at my arms and saw I didn't have any clothes on. All I had was some clothing to cover my chest and some clothing to cover my lower parts.

No wonder why I was so cold.

"W-where's Z-Zac?" I asked.

Raph I could see was dressed similar to me with only a piece of clothing covering his lower parts. He shrugged while shivering, in response to my question.

"W-where are w-we?" I frowned curling up in a ball again.

"I-I-I d-don't-t k-kn-now." He shivered.

Suddenly a bang echoed around the hollow atmosphere and footsteps sounded towards my cell.

"W-what h-have you d-d-done this-s f-for?" I asked trying to stand up.

"Haha, nothing darlin', nothing you can stop anyway." It was a male. His voice was deep and sounded as if he had nothing to love.

I heard the click of a lock unlock and the sound of metal scraping against the stone floor. Soon I felt myself being lifted up and dragged out of the cold room.

I was pulled up some stone stairs and my shins slammed against the rock surface. Every hit was agony and I knew my shins would be bruised badly when my legs began to heal, if I lived long enough and didn't die of starvation.

We reached the top of the stairs and light flooded my vision blinding me.

"Ah Genevieve, I have heard a lot about you... You've sparked my interest, you should feel honoured, not many people do." It was a different person speaking now.