Chapter 9- unwanted tears

Raphael POV

I've been trying to think of ways to ask Genevieve to be my mate all morning but everything i come up with has a side effect I don't like.

'Hey Genevieve I was wondering whether you would like to be my mate? How bout that one?' My wolf tried to help.

'Yeah that one works but what if she hesitates? what if she sees it coming? What if-' my wolf cut me off.

'What if you shut up and don't worry? You've said those same things for each one.' He exclaimed.

I scoffed and blocked him from my thoughts.

I've got to do this today, I promised myself, Zac and Cameron that I would do this today. It's the same as asking a girl out just without the going out bit. I'm sure Emily would let me practice on her. I laughed at the thought then stopped it was a good idea. I reached in my pocket and pulled out my phone. I dialled a number which I thought was Emily's but was surprised when someone else picked up.

"Hello?" The voice asked.

"Hi um this is Raphael." I replied.

"Hi Raph, what's happenin? You asked her yet?" It was Zac.

"No not yet dude, I'm getting there just very slowly." I stretched out the last word to prove my point.

"Raph what's her name you never told me." Zac was asking a lot of questions today...

"Um her name is Genevieve Somers." I introduced through the phone.

"Wow Genevieve is a wonderful name, I like the way it rolls off the tongue." Zac laughed.

Rushing steps towards me from the hallway paused our conversation.

"Who said my name? Raphael don't tell me you did because I know your voice and that was not it." Genevieve said angrily.

"Wow Ginny what is going on, did you wake on the wrong side of bed today?" I Said sarcastically. I heard Zac laugh through the phone at my poor sarcastic comment. I so didn't want to ask her when she's like this.

"Who are you on the phone to?" She demanded.

"I'm on the phone to my second in command, Zac." I explained.

"Zac..." She sounded dreamy all of a sudden. I moved my finger and ended the called with Zac. I'm going to do it, I'm going to ask her out using some of my persuasion powers.

"Genevieve I was wondering whether you would like to, um, be my mate?" I rushed the last part out then looked up to her eyes. I pushed some persuasion into her eyes but it didn't work it just bounced back. I frowned slightly but picked myself back up again before she could notice.

"can I think on it? It is still in the morning and it is my second last day so I'll give you my answer soon." She replied.

I nodded and walked away with worry.

Genevieve POV

I can't believe Raphael actually asked me if would be his mate. I usually would give him a chance but ever since he kissed me I have been crossing over to the other side. Raphael is creeping me out.

'Yeah I would have to agree with you there, Hun.' My wolf added.

I smiled friendly at him as he turned and walked away. I let out a breath I was holding. The sudden release from my chest washed away my guilt for him then Zac came back to my mind along with many unanswered questions.

'Katherine please tell me what this feeling is and why I am feeling like this.' I pleaded desperately to my wolf.

'You'll know when the time is right.' She replied and I cracked.