Chapter 42- Swallow your fear, you'll need that energy to survive

Before we knew it the war finally hit.

It was like a cyclone you had kept watch and tabs on never knowing exactly when it would hit or how it would impact your life. Everyone had known it was coming, but they didn't realise how bad it was going to be. The pack was divided, the Lone Wolves Pack wasn't whole and after this war it never will be. The storm rolled in, darkness covered the sky as it began to rain. The wind howled and shook the trees as a warning of what was to come. The sun was making its final sprint for the horizon hoping to avoid the start of the war. The pack house creaked under the pressure of the wind as all of the soldiers were rallied inside awaiting instructions. The colour drained from their faces as everyone gazed out of the windows towards the conditions ahead. The Alpha, Luna, Beta and Queen all stood in front of everyone unable to hide the fear and dread in their own eyes. No one could had prepared them for this.

The plan was laid out and there were no questions, everyone understood their job and they were loyal to complete it, even if their life was on the line. Raphael thanked everyone for holding their place in the pack and for their loyal undying support through these tough times.

Genevieve spoke up after clarifying to their army that they must stand their ground and fight with all they've got, they only have one chance to stand up for this pack and its now. Trying desperately to push any kind of bravery into their hearts before they're on their own.

Then Sophia stepped forward letting go of Raphael's hand. Her voice was soft but somehow it rang clear and loud throughout the whole room. She spoke on behalf of all the mothers and children in the hospital and reminded them of all the things awaiting them when they returned after this battle was done. There will be no break of battle only till one side gives in. She thanked them one final time before gesturing to the dining room where their final supper was waiting.

There was no calm before this storm and there is no guarantee of a calmness after, all they would know from now on is chaos, blood and pain.

Raphael wished that the weather could have been predicted better so they wouldn't be going out to fight in the middle of such a massive storm that was going to put their lives in even more of a risky situation. He looked across the room at his mate, she was bringing more food out from the kitchen. The worry clearly in her eyes but her face was only of gratefulness of us all being together.

Genevieve wasn't hungry so she just stayed in the lounge room where this deadly future was set in stone. She was concerned about the future for her child. The words repeated constantly in her head. "If the stomach gets hit her extra rib bones will turn malleable and go straight into the baby."

She didn't want to lose the thing that undoubtedly saved her. She would be dead if it wasn't for Zac and this baby, and all moonstone wolves would then be officially extinct.

Zac was starving after coming home to the smell of all this wonderful food. He'd been surprised that no one else heard his stomach rumbling through the whole briefing. As nervous as he was about what was to come and what would happen he was trying not to think about it. He could feel Genevieve's worry about all of this and he wished there was something he could do for her to try and make all this a little easier on her but no matter what he tried he never could. And that was the part that bothered him most.

The fact he couldn't do anything to help the one person he loves most was painful, it made him worry about what is going to happen when the war was over. What happens if one of them doesn't make it through? What if they don't win this battle, will he ever get to see his baby girl grow up?