Chapter 5 - The uncle that tried

Genevieve POV

A book caught my eye, it seemed to glow a silvery colour in the light. I felt compelled towards it. Raphael didn't even glance up at me as I pulled my chair out and walked over to the hypnotising book. I reached my arm out to grab the book but was stopped by another hand.

"What do you think you're doing, miss? That book is for werewolves only and I know those eyes anywhere, Miss Somers." A male voice boomed behind me.

My senses has always been a privilege for me, I can look into someone's eyes and know many things about that person instantly but I can also tell a lot of things by the way someone talks and by what they wear. This mystery man behind me was wearing gloves and his voice hinted sadness and anger along with love and respect. To me gloves meant that he wasn't afraid to get dirty but wanted to hide something.

"H-how do you know me?" I stuttered slightly scared of what I guessed to be quite a muscular man.

"How can I not know you, child? No one can forget those gorgeous eyes, that is your unlucky curse." He said staring into my eyes. I smiled, he made a horrible mistake.

I looked back into his eyes locking contact. I searched his eyes and saw a baby with glowing eyes, then it changed to a toddler hugging the man with those eyes, my eyes. In the background was a mother and father. The mother had red wavy hair like my hair, and light pale green eyes. The father had dark brown hair with pale grey-blue eyes which sparkled with happiness toward their daughter. The scene changed to just the two parents. The father had tears running down his cheeks as the mother talked.

"She's changed Walter, you don't understand you haven't seen her. Something's different she's not the same daughter anymore, she's not our daughter." The mother argued grabbing her husbands hand.

"Paige, she is still your daughter you shouldn't do this to her, she is only young. It's not safe for her to be out there alone in a town filled with werewolves, it doesn't matter whether you made a deal with the pack, that deal doesn't apply to your daughter until she is 18 and that is ten years away." The mysterious man rebutted.

"I don't care it's too late now, me and Joseph are moving and I already told her to never return home because she is no longer welcome. Walter I know your angry at me but you need to have seen her eyes, they change colour, they were dark grey then as bright as the moon itself within seconds, it doesn't make any sense. We've got to go I love you Walter but this just had to be done, she is no longer part of this family." The mother finished and the memory finished and I broke eye contact.

"My family kicked me out of home because of my eyes? How-how could they? Why didn't you stops them?" I cried towards the man. He let go of my wrist and put his hand under my chin. He lifted it up so he could look at my eyes and face.

"I tried my darling Genevieve, I tried but your mother is so stubborn. Now why are you reaching for the book of werewolf history and legend?" He questioned down to me.

"It's for my friend." I lied.

"Oh and who might this friend be? Are they here in the library?" He said grabbing the book of the shelf.

"Yeah he's over there at the table the one with the huge pile of books around him." I explained pointing over to Raphael who looked like he had fallen asleep in one of the books.

'Raphael wake up !' I yelled in my head. I knew the message had gotten through when he jumped up from the desk and looked around for me. He set his eyes on me and grumbled.

"Whatcha find?" He asked walking over to us hiding his grumpiness.

"The werewolf only book of history and legend." I winked in his direction telling him to follow in my lead.