28

Lauren's POV

"Lo, can you go see if Y/n is in his room? He never answered my text earlier," Ally asked me.

I sighed but got up to go check. I hadn't talked to him all day either.

I knocked on his door before opening it when I didn't hear an answer. I furrowed my eyebrows when I didn't see him.

"Is he not back yet?" I asked myself before realizing half of his things were gone.

My eyes widened before I backed out of the room.

There's no way he left.

I walked over to my room to calm down before realizing I hadn't left my door open.

I walked in, half expecting to see Y/n, but sighing when I didn't.

I walked over to my desk when I saw my things were out of order, my jaw dropping when I saw his ring on the desk next to a note.

I immediately picked up the ring, holding it close to my chest as I read the note.

Lauren,

Don't be too mad. I'll be back soon, I just need some time to myself for now. Tell Ally not to worry too much. I'm sorry.
-Y/n

I slipped the ring into my pocket, running downstairs to tell the other girls.

"Did you find-"

"He's gone," I cut Ally off.

"What?" She asked.

"Wait. What do you mean he's gone?" Normani asked as I now had all of their attention.

"Half of his things are missing and he left this note," I said, throwing the note of the table. "He left."

"Bullshit. I know how to find him," Dinah said, pulling out her phone and calling Camila as Ally tried to call Y/n.

I massaged my temples as Ally was leaving a voicemail and Dinah was talking to Camila.

"Camila, listen to me. He's not here. Get over to our house right now. Thanks, bye."

"Did you just hang up on her," I asked Dinah, watching her nod as Normani tried to call Y/n.

Twenty minutes later Camila was walking through the door.

"What do you mean he left?" She asked, seemingly as clueless as us.

"Exactly as it sounds. He packed up and left," Dinah told her as Camila read the note over and over.

"He didn't tell you where he was going? Wasn't he with you earlier?" I asked her.

"Yea, he was, but it wasn't what you think..." she trailed off, confusing me.

"We kind of broke up. He's really confused right now. I told him to take some time to himself," she explained, making my jaw drop.

"He's confused about what?" Normani asked.

"Everything. His feelings are all over the place. You're partially to blame for that," she answered, pointing in my direction.

"He still has feelings for me?" I asked, not being able to hide the hopefulness in my voice.

"Don't get any ideas yet, Jauregui. He needs to sort himself out. That's probably why he left," Camila said, rubbing her temples.

"So, you have no idea where he could be?" I asked her, to which she shook her head.

"I do," Ally spoke up.

We all looked in her direction as she scrolled on her computer.

"He used his credit card to buy a plane ticket to Chicago this morning. He also used it in Chicago a couple hours ago," she told us.

"He went home?" Dinah asked.

"He said he felt lost. Maybe he thinks it will be easier to find himself in a place that's more familiar to him," Camila spoke softly.

"He could have at least told us where the hell he was going," Dinah spoke.

"Okay, we both know he doesn't think most of the time," Camila said, which I agreed with.

"Should we go after him?" Ally asked. I could see the nervousness on her face.

"I don't know if that's the best idea..." Camila warned. "He needs to figure himself out, guys. Let him do that."

"What if something happens?" Ally asked.

"Message him. He's gonna read them. Tell him you guys know where he is and to at least let you know he's alive, but don't chase after him."

I sighed out as I covered my face.

I fucking caused this. If I wouldn't have fucked up in the first place none of this would have happened.

"Stop beating yourself up," I heard Camila whisper to me as she rubbed my shoulder.

"I really need to get going. I have dinner with my family in a little while," Camila announced.

The girls all hugged her, thanking her for her help.

She hugged me last, sending me a small smile before she left.

"Don't worry too much, Ally," Dinah told her before her and Normani went upstairs to their rooms.

I sat down next to Ally, rubbing her back as she looked down.

"I can't believe he left without letting us know. Why did he only leave you a note?" She asked.

"I really don't know to be honest with you," I said, resting my hand over the pocket with his ring in it.

"Go get some sleep," I told her as I walked up to my room.

I groaned as I flopped on my bed.

"Why did you have to leave?" I mumbled to myself.

I pulled his ring out of my pocket, slipping it on my finger and spinning it like he would always do, wondering when we would hear from him again.