13

Your POV

"After you," I said goofily, making Lauren laugh as I held the car door open for her.

It was late at night and I decided to take her on our date while the girls were asleep.

"Where are we going?" She asked, watching as I grabbed the picnic basket from the back seat and gave her a wide smile.

"We're having a night picnic," I told her, grabbing her hand and tugging her along with me until we got to a nice spot in the park.

"You are such a romantic," Lauren laughed, watching me as I laid out a blanket and a few lights so we could see better

"I try," I said, pulling a rose out of the basket and handing it to her.

"Thank you," she said with a little blush forming on her cheeks as she took the flower and we sat down. "What'd you bring?"

I smiled at how eager so was before beginning to lay out the food.

~•~•~

"Stop laughing," I whined.

"It's funny," she said, continuing to giggle. "Why did you do it?"

"It was either that or lick the floor," I said, running my hands over my face with a chuckle.

"I would've licked the floor," Lauren said, making me raise my eyebrows at her.

"Not if you would've seen that floor," I countered, holding a strawberry in front of her.

She smiled and leaned forward, taking a bite out of the strawberry and smiling at me.

We fell into a comfortable silence before she spoke up.

"Thank you," she told me.

"For what?" I asked, confused about why she was thanking me.

"All of this. I've never been on a date where the other person puts this much effort into it," she admitted.

I blushed a little and looked down at my hands, turning my ring to keep them busy.

"It's no trouble. I like doing stuff like this," I told her.

"Where'd you get that ring?" She asked, making me look back up at her. "You play with it a lot and it looks old."

"Um... my dad actually gave it to me. It was my grandfathers before him," I told her, watching her eyes soften at me.

"Don't give me that look," I said with a small laugh to ease the tension.

"What look?"

"That look everyone gives me when they're scared to say the wrong thing. The look people give me that makes me feel like a helpless child."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," she told me.

I sighed and scooted closer to her, grabbing her hands.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. I just get tired of people handling me like I'm made of glass."

"I get it," she said with a sad smile. "It's a beautiful ring by the way."

"Thank you," I told her, standing up and offering her my hand.

She took it and helped me pick up before we walked back to the car. I helped her in before getting into the drivers side.

I was about to start the car when she turned my head towards her and pressed our lips together.

We moved in sync before I ran my tongue across her bottom lip and she granted my entrance. Our tongues swirled around each other's as we kissed passionately.

I pulled back slightly and she sighed against my lips, biting her bottom one.

"I've been waiting to do that," she admitted, pecking my lips a few more times.

"C'mon, lets get home before the girls notice we're gone," I said, kissing her briefly before driving off.

I parked the car in the driveway and we both quietly tried to sneak into the front door.

I closed it behind us, almost tripping over the doormat. She giggled and I shushed her with a smile.

"You're gonna wake them up," I laughed out, trying my best to whisper.

"No, you're gonna wake them up."

"You can't wake us up if we're not asleep," we heard Normani say as the lights flicked on and the three girls revealed themselves in the living room.

"I tried covering for you guys," Dinah told us.

"You said they went out to get pizza. Every pizza place in town is closed," Ally told her.

"Okay, the key word in that sentence was tried."

"Where were you two?" Ally asked, turning back to us.

"We went out to eat," Lauren answered.

She technically wasn't lying. I mean we did go out and eat.

"Oh, yea? Where?" Normani asked with raised eyebrows.

"Andy's Diner. The 24 hour one right down the road," I lied.

Lauren looked at me a little impressed that I could come up with that on the spot, but she quickly shrugged it off and turned back to Ally.

"I don't believe you two," Ally said with squinted eyes. "You know why?"

"Why?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Because you don't wear lipstick," Ally said, stepping closer and brushing her thumbs over my lip, showing me the red lipstick on her finger.

I turned at looked at Lauren, now noticing she was in fact wearing red lipstick.

"Sorry?" She asked more than stated.

"I'm gonna kill you Lauren," Ally stated calmly, which actually was more scary than if she would have yelled it.

"Okayyy. Before anyone gets killed, how about we explain?" I said to her, pushing her to sit in between Dinah and Normani on the couch.

I then grabbed Lauren's hand a brought her to sit next to me on the other couch.

"We were on a date-" I said.

"Yea, I know that," Ally cut me off.

"Let him talk. I wanna hear about this," Dinah told her.

"I took her out and we had a night picnic."

"That's cute as hell," Normani smiled.

"Yea, and dangerous as hell. Are you crazy? It's almost one in the morning," Ally said.

"We're fine aren't we?" I asked, losing my temper because I didn't know why Ally was being like this.

"Y/n, my only rule with bringing you out here is to make sure you're safe. I can't do that if you're running around with my band mates at one am," she snapped.

"How about you lay off a little bit, because I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I've basically done that my entire life anyways!"

The room went completely silent when I made that comment. I didn't wait for anyone to make another comment before I turned and went upstairs.

I could hear someone's footsteps coming behind me and I assumed it was Lauren. My assumptions being correct when I entered my room and she spun me around.

"Hey, don't worry about any of that," she told me, cupping my face with her hands. "We'll figure this out."

I just nodded and wrapped my arms around the girl, resting my head in the crook of her neck.