Part 26

It has been two hours since Kit woke up and his friends were sitting with him while Ming and Ming's mom sat outside debating whether to tell Kit or not.

"Ming we have to" Mom said but he shook his head.

"Not now mom, let him be okay" Ming urged but she cupped his face.

"He has to know one way or another, and we will be there for him no matter what" She traced his cheek and he sighed his shoulders sinking. They both went inside his room and Phana and Beam passed them a sad smile before moving outside making Kit frown.

"What's going on?" He asked seeing their sad expressions.

"Kit we need to tell you something" Ming spoke as he sat with him and gently grabbed his hand for some sort of reassurance. Kit looked at their hands and then to Ming's face, not knowing what to expect from their sudden change of mood.

"Honey, we need you to please not stress too much okay?" Ming's mom moved forward and Kit looked at her.

"Honestly, you guys are scarring me. What is going on?" Kit asked his heart beat fast.

"Kit, when you were hit by that car. It affected your lower back" Ming's mom cautiously explained. Ming squeezed his hands tightly trying to comfort him but his eyes were fixed on mom's face. "Kit, I am so sorry love but you lost your legs" She finally spoke. Ming looked at kit whose eyes were wide and whose hand froze on his own. He felt his grip losing and his breath hitching.

"Kit, I know it's a lot to take but we all are here with you" Ming's mom immediately spoke but Kit didn't acknowledge them. For a while he kept starring at infinity before his eyes finally found Ming and he gulped seeing the fear in those eyes which was once filled with happiness.
"I—I can't walk?" Kit stuttered looking at Ming who gulped not knowing what to say but he held his hand firmly and moved a little closer.

"No Kit, I know it will take time but you will walk one day" Ming tried to assure him but he shook his head, his eyes filled with tears. He removed his hand from Ming and looked away.

"Kit I'm—" Ming tried to speak but was stopped by Kit.

"Don't Ming, don't apologize I don't need any sympathy" Kit looked at him, his lips quivering as he tried to take deep breaths to calm himself.

"Kit—"

"I want to be alone for a while" Kit suddenly spoke, Ming wanted to cry because of the pain his voice held and he couldn't say anything for a while.

"Kit, we know it's a lot to process but it will be okay Love" Ming's mom whispered but Kit didn't even blink.

"Please" He pleaded. Ming looked at his mom who sighed sadly and nodded. She went outside first and Ming turned to look at Kit whose face was away from him facing the wall. Ming could see the tears now streaming down his face and he desperately wanted to be with him, but he respected his decision. He understood that he needed some space and time to process how drastically his life has changed.

"If you need anything I am outside" Ming spoke but Kit didn't say anything. "I'm sorry Kit, but I want you to know I am here. We all are here for you" Ming whispered. He squeezed his hand once but when Kit didn't acknowledge him he sighed and left the room.