Part 34

Kit was sitting in his bed with his laptop on his lap as he scroll through his twitter feed. He opened his email and looked at his inbox only to be disappointed when there was no message from his mother. He groaned and shook his head his heart breaking in million small pieces. Ming had informed him that they tried to reach his mother but couldn't. In the end Ming's mum left her a message on her mobile telling her about Kit but it seems like she didn't care enough to ask whether he was alive or not.

He kept staring at his laptop for a while before he opened her inbox, his mind drifted to all the things he wanted to say to her as his fingers found the key buttons on his laptop. He looked beyond his screen and subconsciously tapped his fingers on his laptop before exhaling deeply and looking down. He wrote "Hi Mum" before cutting it, shaking his head he thought of appropriate words he could quote to his mother and in the end he finally wrote.

"Mom I don't know why you aren't replying me but please atleast leave me a single message. You are kind of freaking me out. And also don't worry about me I'm okay now" he took a deep breath. "Mom please answer me back. I miss you. I'll be waiting" He read the words thrice before finally hitting send and watching as it delivered. He sighed in relief before closing the tab and looking at his feed. He opened his folder or "Art" as he looked through some of his drawings.

After a while he dropped his laptop on his bed and sat a little. He opened his side drawer and took out his sketchbook along with his art box. He grabbed his earphones and plugged them to his phone as he scan through his papers until he found empty one. He took hold of his pencils and touched his paper. Thousands of Idea floating through his mind but in the end he went with abandon building. He lost himself in his art as his hands perfectly danced over the paper, he was too absorbed in art and song he didn't notice Ming coming inside and raising his eyebrow amused. He slowly walked towards Kit and glanced down at his work, his mouth hanging open in shock. He knew from start Kit was interested in art but he didn't know he was this good. It was almost professional.

He sat with Kit which caught his attention and he jumped a little sighing in relief when he saw Ming. He took out his earphones and glared at Ming, his pencil dancing between his fingers.

"What the hell Ming, you scared me!" Kit glared at him.

"Not my fault you were so lost in it." Ming pointed at his drawing and he blushed a little shaking his head before placing his sketchbook aside. "You are really good at it." Ming complimented making him blush twice more as he smiled. "Thanks!" Kit said.

"I guess that's your passion, to be an artist?" Ming inquired moving a little and Kit nodded. "Well yeah, but I'm not sure I'll be able to now." Kit said with a hint of sadness in his voice which made Ming frown and he sighed holding his hands in front of him. "Of course you'll be able to." Ming encouraged but Kit shook his head.

"You don't understand Ming, I don't know how I'll be able to go to school and even if I am I don't know If I'll go or not, My mom isn't answering and I don't know where my dad is. I don't have enough money to pay for school and beside you won't be there 24/7 to help me now." Kit explained his eyes watering as he realized how true those words were, if he was able to walk he would have manage by some kind of job but now only thing he can see is giving his dream to become an artist. Ming slowly cupped his face and Kit met his eyes which reflect a little sadness but there was hope and encouragement in those eyes which lacked in Kit's.

"I don't know how but I promise one day you'll be the most successful artist in the world." Ming firmly said and put his finger on Kit's lips shushing him. "Trust me." Ming smiled a little when Kit smiled and nodded, somehow his eyes shining with determination. They sat together for a while until Kit's phone rang and he picked it up to see Beam calling him. He smiled and rolled his eyes before attending it.

"I swear I can't do this anymore." Beam complained and Kit groaned. "What the hell happened?" He asked looking at Ming who was frowning, Kit shook his head smiling assuring him everything was okay and he nodded smiling. "I swear Phana keep teasing me with that freaking video, for heaven's sake stop him or I'll kill murder him with my bare hands!" Beam almost yelled and Kit chucked.

"Well I can't do anything, sorry..." Kit shrugged as if he can see him and Beam groaned loudly cursing Kit who bit his lips to refrain from laughing. "This is your entire fault KITTY!" Beam gritted and Kit laughed. He saw Ming standing up as he eyed Kit sketchbook curiously. Kit looked at him raising his eyebrow, mouthing him what happened and he shook his head before speaking.

"I was wondering, can I have your sketchbook for a day?" Ming asked and Kit gulped nervously looking at it. His sketchbook was his life and he never ever let anyone touch it, not even his friends but deep down he trusted Ming enough. "You don't have to if you don't want to." Ming immediately spoke as he saw him looking down at his sketchbook uncertain but Kit shook his head and smiled before grabbing his sketchbook and giving it to Ming who smiled holding it gently.

"I swear if anything happens to it I'll kill you." Kit threatened pointing his finger at Ming who smiled and nodded before swinging his way out making Kit chuckle only for a second before Beam spoke. "Dude did you just gave your sketchbook to Ming?" Beam asked astonished and Kit rolled his eyes.

"Yes I did!" Kit answered lying down.

"WHAT THE HELL? HOW? DUDE ARE YOU HIDING SOMETHING? HE MUST BE REALLY SPECIAL!" Beam exclaimed screaming loudly making Kit roll his eyes as he moved his phone a little away from his ear.

"Shut up Beamme!" Kit said. "SHUT UP? SHUT UP. IT'S BREAKING NEWS. OH GOD I NEED TO TELL PHANA HE'LL DIE I SWEAR!" Beam screamed dramatically and Kit shook his head smiling. He knew Ming was something special.