Part 4

Kit was woken up by a frantic knocking coming from outside, He groaned and sat up. So slowly he wore his slippers and unlocked the door going in the hallway only to find Max knocking on Mark room with a ball in his hand.

"Max you okay?" Kit broke the silence startling Max who let out a scream before giggling making Kit smile.

"Sorry, I thought that angry ghost came" Max said innocently and Kit chuckled at "Angry ghost". He sat on his knee so he was eye leveled with Max who was looking at him uncertain.

"Angry ghost huh?" Kit patted his shoulder and he nodded rapidly.

"Ming and Mark said, in store room there is one big angry ghost and it will come and take me away if I misbehave" Max whispered as if the ghost could hear him, Kit smiled and played around.

"Oh, So you need to be quiet?" Kit Whispered back. Max looked around before whispering in Kit ear.

"I heard he is so grumpy" Kit chuckled hearing this and for a moment he felt bad for Max but it was so cute he couldn't stop himself from poking his cheek.

"What are you doing here?" Kit finally asked and Max sighed dramatically.

"I am bored, I want to play. Ming said he is busy and Mark is sleeping." Max explained sadly.

"Ohh"

"No one plays with me" Max pouted, his eyes almost filled with tears and it broke Kit heart. He knew how suffocated it felt when no one gives you any attention and Max was just a kind right now. He should get all the attention.

"Hey? Will you play with me? I am bored myself" Kit suddenly spoke and Max looked at him surprised before jumping excitedly.

"YES YES YES" he sang grabbing Kit hand and pulling him beside him until they were in backyard. It was greener than Kit could imagine and well decorated with bushes and flowers. A swing hang at the end.

"We'll play footy?" Max said putting the ball down, Kit looked at him confused.

"Footy?" Kit asked, Max dramatically placed his hand on head before coming towards Kit.

" I'll kick the ball and you have to stop my goal." Max explained pointing at the goal net beside Kit and he made an "o" shape.

"Oh football" Kit chuckled. Max rolled his eyes before aiming his position. He kicked his plastic air-filled ball and it landed a little away from the goal net. Max laughed when he hit Kit on his head and the ball went inside the net.

"Yayyy" Max cheered and Kit laughed watching him run all the way towards Kit mocking him who rolled his eyes.

" I wasn't prepared mister" Kit tried to defend him smiling while Max pouted.

"We'll play again then" Max folded his arms. Just like that They played several times, mostly Max winning and one time Kit stopped. In the end Max ran towards Kit hugging him tightly. Before Kit could process Max was laughing , his face buried in his neck. Kit smiled and spin him around making him laugh and scream louder. He then pulled apart and looked at Kit smiling.

" Thank You Kit, you are the best" Max kissed his cheek and just like that his day was saved.

None of the noticed Ming glaring at them watching how friendly Max was with Kit. It sparked his already burning hatred and for a second he wanted to scream at Kit but he stormed away angrily. His face burning with Rage as he went towards his room, wiping a tear.

He felt like he was losing everything he had.