Part 23

It was almost another hour ago when the doctors finally came outside and they asked about Kit.

"He hit his head that's why he is in Temporary Coma" They told them. Ming sucked in breath and Mom gasped. "You can go see him until that, I have to check on his reports. I'll tell you his final condition in a while" he told them before moving away. They stayed there for a while before slowly moving towards Kit's room.

Nothing could have prepared them for what they witnessed. There laid Kit, tied up with bandages. His head was covered and so were his legs. There were so many tubes surrounding him. He almost looked dead. Ming heard gasps around him but his throat went dry. He couldn't let out a single word.

He saw Max and Nate running towards Kit's bed, he saw Mom and Mark holding them back. He saw Father closing the door but his feet were stuck on the same spot. He blinked away the tears and could practically feel his heart clenching.

"Kit" he shook his head when he heard a broken whisper coming out of Max and a sob coming out of Nate's mouth. Immediately he held Nate in his arm as he cried while Max gently grabbed Kit's hand. Ming rested his hand over them both while Mark caressed his bruised cheek.

"Kit wake up, come on we have so much to do" Max talked to him. "Yes Kit, you remember you said you'll teach me how to do my hairstyle" Nate joined, letting her tear fall. Ming let his own slip as he heard his siblings talk to him and he realized how much they loved Kit.

"Come on, you also have to teach me those stupid curves" Mark chuckled through his tears and Ming smiled sadly. He squeezed Kit hand a little when Max pulled apart.

"I know you are stubborn, but wake up Now Kit" Ming muttered. He felt Mom rubbing his back and he sank down a little. For a while only thing they heard was his monitor beeping and sniffles coming from them all. Ming looked at his face and gulped, how could he think Kit would hurt them? He wasn't like him. He was lying here, fighting for his life because he saved his brother.

Ming remembered Kit smiling face and his heart clenched seeing how it was bandaged now. He remembered his laugh when he played with his siblings and he let out few tears. He remembered the sincerity in those eyes when he spoke to Ming which now was closed. He remembered the warmth of his now cold hands when he touched Ming.

Ming sniffled silently when he remembered how Kit said he will do anything to gain his trust and he did. Now as Ming trusts him, as he wants him he wasn't even blinking his eyes,. He knew fate was cruel thing. He wanted nothing more but for him to wake up and smile the way he always did, to play with Max, to dress up Nate and to draw with Mark. Hell even cook with Ming's mom, he won't say anything but he needed Kit to wake up. He needed him.

"Kittinan, I am so sorry. So sorry" Ming suddenly whispered, he saw Mark smiling sadly at him, he felt Mom squeezing his shoulder gently, He felt Nate hugging him and Father patting his back. Max was constantly talking to Kit.

"Kit----" He was interrupted by door opening an doctor coming inside. He asked for Mom and Father but Ming followed to. He nodded at Mark who nodded back and held both Max and Nate.

Ming went outside with his parents, his heart beating faster than he could think, his hands sweating. He didn't know why but he felt something bad was going to happen, Something that could possibly change their life. He shook his head trying to let go of all the negativity and stood with both of his parents. Mom held his hand on her.

"There's a good and bad news both" he spoke and Ming's breath hitched.

"Fortunately his head injuries aren't to swear so he'll wake up in few days" He informed them and they all took sigh of relief. Kit is going to wake up. He'll be okay. Ming knew he should be relived but he dreaded the bad news.

"Bad news is, I'm sorry but he lost his legs. He won't be able to walk anymore" It was once sentence but it crumbled their world. Ming felt his heart ripping and his hand slipped from mom's. He shook his head rapidly.

No, No, No. This wasn't happening.

But he knew fate was always cruel.