Wholock

I sat in our living room in my usual thinking position. John was making tea in the kitchen and life was dreadfully boring. I needed a case! A client! Something! I heard something outside the window, coming from the street below. It wasn't just a normal sound that you would hear in the city, no, I've never heard anything like this. A blue light started to flash, going along with the sound. It wasn't a police light though, it was something different. John looked at me puzzled, obviously hearing and seeing the same things. His hand was in mid air, about to pour the tea. I jumped out of my chair and walked over to the window, moving the curtain out the way so I could see better.

What I saw puzzled me. There was a blue police box out in the middle of street. It was a good thing there wasn't much traffic, or else it'd be backed up for a mile. "Sherlock, what is that?" John asked coming to stand just a little bit behind me. "I don't know. A client I suppose." I said, admittedly mystified. I brushed passed him and made my way onto the street.

The door of the police box opened just a crack, and then it shut again. "Hello," I called, coming closer to it. Whoever it was inside wasn't answering, so I went in.

I pushed the door open, it creaked slightly as I did so. Once it was open and I was standing in the doorway; I stopped. It was so much bigger than it was on the outside. I took another couple of steps forward until I was almost face to face with a man with pale skin, brown shaggy hair, and brown eyes. We were standing beside what looked like a control center. The whole space was mind blowing to look at. A blue, yellow ish light soaked the room and there were screens all around, and ramps leading to them. All around the room, there were little circles with symbols or lines inside of them. A secret code of some sort? I wondered. The man smirked at me, enjoying my confusion. "Who are you?" I asked.

"The Doctor." Was all he said.

"That's it, just the Doctor? That's one way name to make a name for yourself." I said.

"Yep!" he said, popping the P. "And you're Sherlock Holmes. People talk about you everywhere. Even five hundred years into the future." The Doctor says. I looked at him apprehensively, then scanned my eyes around the room once more.

"But how-how is this possible?" I asked him. I hated to admit it, but I was baffled.

"Because it's bigger on the inside, as you can see for your self. You can also go anywhere in time or space, and that is because of the bendy rules of time and my handy little box that we're in. It's called the TARDIS, for your information; not just a blue box." He smiled. "So would you like to come with me?" the Doctor asked.

"Where?"

"Anywhere you'd like. You could even be home in time for your landlady to have her evening soother." He told me. I was about to say yes, go with him, but then I thought about John. Speaking of whom, just so happened to walk through the doors, coming to see what was taking me so long. He also stopped in his tracks, as I did. "How in the bloody world...?" he trailed off and after a moment, came to stand by me-us. The Doctor opened his mouth to speak again, but I cut him off. "Well John, this is apparently a time machine of sorts, called the TARDIS, and it can take you anywhere in time or space, and when I asked how..the 'Doctor' here said that it was because it's bigger on the inside." John was clearly gawping by this point.

"Well it is. But people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non linear point of view, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor said.

"Well then, prove it." John said.

"Do I have to take both of you? That's a little domestic don't you think?" The Doctor asked of us.

"Yes, I'd be lost without my blogger." I told him matter-of-factly.

"Well then, past or future?"

When we landed The Doctor said that we were now two hundred years in the future. I walked to the door of the TARDIS and cautiously pushed it open. Sure enough, everything seemed very advanced. Smaller, almost transparent cars, t.v's and computers in shop windows were totally clear, and the fashion statements were beyond hideous. "Neat, isn't it?" The Doctor asked. "Extraordinary. Absolutely extraordinary." John said. I glared at him. I should be the only one he calls extraordinary, I thought in a fit of jealousy.

We walked for a while until we came across a crime scene, roped off by tape and surrounded by fumbling police officers. I pulled John by his arm and towards the scene. There was a body! I skirted around the edge of the scene without getting too close. Female, mid twenties, worked in an office, married... I started to list off deductions. "Oh God, not here too. C'mon Sherlock, let's go somewhere else, yeah?" John tried to persuade me. I could hear them all muttering. No, no, no! They had it all wrong! I was going to help them. I walked closer, into their tight circle. "Sherlock, no!" John says again. "But look at them John, they're all blithering idiots!" I whine. Behind me, I can hear the Doctor chuckle.

"Excuse me, but who are you? You're not supposed to be here." An officer turns to face us. The Doctor steps forward and holds out his psychic paper. "FBI agent Tennant. This is my assistant, and this is..." he trails off looking at John. "Captain John Watson of the Fifth North Umberland Fusiliers. We just thought we'd thought and take a look around your crime scene." My blogger filled in. The officer looked apprehensive, but nodded and let us through.

It only took me twenty minutes to solve the whole case. The officers were astounded. "You know what? You remind of that Sherlock Holmes fellow from one of those books I was reading." One of them says. "In a book?" I question. That was odd. "Well you know, all the old police records. All the famous cases, or detectives for that matter were recorded in there. We all read it before we began working here." The man says. "Oh, right. Thank you." I say and turn to leave.

"What do you say we get back to that blue box of yours then Doctor, and go back home." John suggested. The Doctor looked at him irritably.

"It's called the TARDIS." He said. "But yes, I believe it's time to head back."

We walk until we reach the TARDIS and we stepped inside, ready to go home.

"Well thank you for that." John nods and nudges me.

"Oh, yes, thanks." I mumble.

"Not at all. Alon-sy!" he exclaims and we step out the door.

We walk up to 221b Baker Street and unlock the door. A few people stopped and stared at us for a minute. Some absolutely gawped and even stumbled as they were walking. They've seen us before, why were they staring. I shook it off and walked in to greet Mrs. Hudson. She stepped out of her flat and tears came to her eyes. "Oh boys! I've missed you so much! Where were you? I was expecting at least a phone call from one if not both of you!" She scolds as she steps forward and envelopes us both in a vice like hug. "Mrs. Hudson, we're thrilled to see you too, but we've only been gone eight hours." John says, guiding our landlady to a chair. He presses a hand to her forehead, making sure she wasn't ill. "Eight hours? No, you-you've been gone for eight whole months." She squealed, tears now threatening to spill over.

(A/N: So yeah, that was my first attempt at a wholock, and I didn't really know where to go with it so it turned out like this. But anyways, I hope you liked it, and until next time,

~Em)