Just a dream

"Sherlock?" My voice cracks. This couldn't be real. Sherlock had jumped from the top of Bart's bloody hospital. "John...I'm..Im sorry." The detective falls forward, collapsing into my arms. I immediately enveloped him in a tight hug protecting him, from what I don't know. "Sherlock. Sherlock, it's alright now. Just tell me why, yeah." I looked up at him and realized he was crying. "Sherlock..." I reached a tentative hand up and wiped the tears from his cheek. "Let's go to bed, I bet you haven't slept in weeks." I murmer. He only nods in response. We walked in silence till we reached my room, I figured going to Sherlock's room might have a bit of a toll on him, as Mrs. Hudson and I had never touched anything in there. His laptop was still open, and his papers from his most recent case were scattered in the same places. We laid down, side by side on the bed, not bothering to pull up the covers. For a few minutes we simply laid there and looked in awe at each other, hardly able to believe the other was actually there. "John, I..." Sherlock trailed off. "What is it, Sherlock?" I asked softly. "John, I love you. " my heart melted. I had realized as soon as he fell that i loved him too. You only know you love him when you let him go. The lyrics to let her go by passenger ran through my head. Except I hadn't let him go, he had been torn from me on his own account. I felt a tear escape my eye and roll down the left side of my face. "I love you too, Sherlock." I smile as he takes his turn, wiping a tear from my cheek. "Come here , you sod." My voice breaks as Sherlock snuggled into my side, and I wrapped my arm around his waist, holding him to me. I nodded off not a minute later.

I woke up to an empty feeling in my stomach. "Sherlock?" I called out, reaching over, searching the bed for my detective. He wasn't there. It had all been a dream. Just another, horrid dream. I broke down. My shoulders shook, and tears poured down my face in heart wrenching sobs.

Why didn't you let me save you?

(Again, this is obviously another post Reichenbach and is also pretty short. And I apologize for anything that sounded off. I'm not very good at this writing business. Anyways, until the next note,

~Em)