Chapter One: i WaNt To SlEeP

That night I had basketball practice to take my minds off of things, or, as Sharalyn likes to say, to make me too tired to think. After practice, I finished the Geometry packet I had been putting off for days. The rest of the night went by like normal; I ate dinner with my family, took a shower, wrote a few more chapters of my book, read, and went to sleep at 10:30. 

I was awoken, well before my alarm was supposed to go off, by a high-pitched ring. I turned onto my left side, trying to fall back asleep, but a second ring destroyed my feeble plan. I blindly reached for my phone (because I wasn't wearing my glasses while I was sleeping. I'm not that weird) and wondered who the heck would be texting me at 4:00 in the morning. 

Drunk Snake: i'm bored

Damn that group chat to the fiery depths of Hell.

Cholesterol: Go back to sleep.

Drunk Snake: to do that, I would've had to have been asleep in the first place Chole

Cholesterol: You know we have school in four hours, right?

Drunk Snake:

Cholesterol: What is up with you and Kermit?

Drunk Snake: kErMiT iS lIfE

Drunk Snake named the conversation "kErMiT iS lIfE"

Cholesterol: You need help.

Drunk Snake: yOu NeEd HeLp

Cholesterol: Go to sleep.

Drunk Snake: sLeEp Is FoR tHe WeAk

Sunshine: THEN I WANT TO BE WEAK!

...............................................................

I plopped down in my seat five minutes early, and laid my head on the desk. All I wanted to do was sleep, but SOMEONE wouldn't let me. I heard more people enter the room, but I was more focused on not thinking.

"You look awful."

I looked up for a moment to see Shuey in my friend's seat. I was too tired to get pissed, so, instead, I just put my head down again. I heard Shuey say something else, but I was too tired to comprehend anything. 

"Matthews!" A voice yelled.

(I wanted to make my fake last name Zoodle, but almost everyone I know vetoed it. I don't know why.)

I lifted my head at the sound of the voice, and tried to look like I'd been paying attention.

"Yes?" I asked warily.

"What's wrong?" The teacher asked me with concern evident on his face.

"Nothing!" I said quickly, "I'm just tired."

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

"Yes."

"Alright then," He said, and continued on with the lesson.

Drunk Snake: chole fell asleep in bio

Cholesterol: Did not!

Sunshine: chole! shame on you!

Cholesterol: I feel attacked.

Sunshine: we love you chole!

I quickly put my phone away when the bell rang. I put my notebook in my backpack, and was about to leave the class before I was stopped by Sharalyn.

"What do you want?" I asked her as we walked to Spanish.

"Did you do the Spanish homework?" She asked me innocently.

I narrowed my eyes at her and said, "You can't copy it."

"How dare you suggest that was what I was going to ask?" She said dramatically, "That hurt."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled slightly. I was almost in a good mood, but then Shuey came.

"This was the first time I got through a Biology class without hearing your obnoxious laughter," He said as he walked on my left.

I tried to elbow him into the crowd, but he kept dodging. I threw him the meanest look I could muster, and walked faster towards the Language Wing. I was so close to escaping, but Shuey somehow managed to get in front of me and block my way.

"Move."

"You should be nicer."

Instead of responding to that, I shoved him out of the way and into the lockers. I was about to keep walking, but he jumped in front of me again. I just pushed him as I walked forward. With one last shove, I finally made it to class. I turned my homework into the tray, and sat down. While I was waiting for class to start, I decided to browse Pinterest. While I was on my phone, I noticed seven new messages.

Drunk Snake: i saw that, chole

Drunk Snake: rip

Dunk Snake: answer me you snake!

Sunshine: what happened?

Drunk Snake: chole was flirting with shuey

Sunshine: i thought she liked jay??

Drunk Snake: maybe she was trying to make him jealous...

Cholesterol: I WAS NOT FLIRTING WITH HIM! HE WAS BEING AN ASS!

Drunk Snake: lAngUaGe ChOlE! yOu KnOw SaV iS fRaGiLe

Sunshine named the conversation "SaV iS fRaGiLe"

Cholesterol: I can never win with you people.

Drunk Snake: anyway, wyd?

Cholesterol: I'm in class -_-

Drunk Snake: cool

Cholesterol: ...

I closed my phone, and paid attention to what the Spanish teacher was saying. It seemed like in the three minutes I wasn't paying attention we had learned a new tense. I was utterly screwed.