p r o l o g u e

「the magic shop」

☆〜

the day had been going unusually slow today, all the boy wanted to do after-school was go home and maybe finish up some of his homework while he listened to his favorite songs.

as the bell rang dismissing him out of the last class he had to attend for today, he happily packed his belongings and made his way out of the now lifeless classroom.

he walked outside, the same way he usually does, though oddly enough, the road he walked down just this morning had been closed for construction until further notice.

the boy sighed as he now had to find a different way to go home tonight, there was only one other place he could think of, the dark alley that no one dared to go through, for it was deemed as haunted.

he shivered at the thought of having to go through such a place, but if he wanted to get home that'd be the only way he could go. as he mustered up all his courage, he took a step in.

he was already half way through when he realized that there was nothing, in fact, it was kind of calming to him.

he took in a deep breath as he continued walking, a smile present on his face as he could now boast about being able to pass through this alley. though he knew no one would believe him.

as he was nearing the end, there had been a split road, one leading to the light while the other was quite dark, darker than the one he was already on.

he knew which way he wanted to go, obviously. that was until the boy saw a light flickering on, the words 'magic shop' now visible through the darkness.

'what an odd place for a magic shop...' the boy thought to himself, he was going to continue down toward the lighted path, but something about the shop had captured his attention.

his head was saying one thing and his heart was saying another, but ultimately he trusted his heart as he walked through another dark alley, for his curiosity had gotten the best of him.