CHAPTER 53: New Clothes

Start from the beginning

The recoveries didn't take long due to the healing magic, however, we could have used Tori's magic and it would have been a lot faster.

A lot of monsters were dusted.

"Alright. We're here." I stopped in my tracks, looking at the store in front of us.

I pushed the heavy door in front of us with a chime of the welcome bell setting off in a delicate tone. It ringed for a bit and a voice welcomed us with open arms.

"Hello Travelers. How can I help you?" She said, her back to us.
She was putting up some jars and food behind her; she finally turned around and recognized me with a look of surprise. "Ah! Sans! What brings you to these parts?" She asked kindly.

From behind me, Frisk poked her head out in slight amazement at the varieties of clothes in the shop.
There were racks of clothes in circular formations. Pants on one end and shirts on the other, all neatly arranged to sizes and color.

"Just here for the kid." I motioned toward Frisk and chuckled at her awe. "What? Have you never seen a store before?"

"Not a working one." She said quietly, her eyes slightly wide. She immediately ran to one of the racks with a style of clothing that looked similar to the one I saw her the first night I captured her.

The shopkeeper came from around the back counter to stand next to me.
The contrast of white and dark purple was confusing to the eyes at first, but you could get used to it.

Her ears twitched as she looked at Frisk skeptically. "Is that the girl in the rumor the town has been talkin' about?" She said, quietly as Frisk took a few clothes to the dressing room.

Her arms were crossed, and she looked confident as always. "What rumor?" I asked.

"The one where she beat Doggo's buddy to a pulp. Heard she almost dusted 'im." She said, her voice low again.

So it's even reached the south side? Word spreads faster than I though with those guys.

"Not exactly." I said, keeping my hands where they were in my pocket. "I'd never bring anyone dangerous into your shop, you have nothing to worry about." I said to her, just as Frisk came out of the curtains in a new outfit.

She looked confused and uncomfortable, looking down at the outfit, she moved around.
"What?" I said, smirking. "Can't decide what outfit to wear toots?"

"Shut up bonebrain!" She yelled not meeting my eyes. "I just don't know what to think about it." She said, looking away even more.

She's pretty decent when she's a comrade. Enemies on the other hand.. or what that just her alter ego?

She was wearing black pants with a long-sleeved yellow sweater. She didn't have shoes on, but they would most likely be black if she had taste.

I snickered. "Srk- You look like a bumblebee."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT ME?!" She yelled back, throwing her hands down in a rage. A playful one, at least.
At this point I was laughing pretty hard, holding my 'stomach' at her failure in fashion.

The shopkeeper just giggled and walked up to Frisk, unfolding her arms and putting a hand on her shoulder, shaking her head slightly. "Girl, you don't have an eye for clothes." She said. "Lemme help ya out." She said, walking Frisk back into the dressing room, starting up a chat.

The kid ain't too bad. At least she's making friends.

There was some chatter through the curtain and some laughter. I almost walked closer to see what they were talking about, but stayed put when the curtains swung open.

The shopkeeper walked out with her arms crossed again, her dark purple fur contrasting with the light pink curtain of the dressing room.

Out walked Frisk in a completely new outfit, one much more suited with her hair and personality.

"So? What do you think about this?" She came out, a bit more confident than the last one. Probably from the help of a new friend.

She wore a long-sleeved, buttoned up, white shirt, that matched mine with light tan pants to match. Some black overall straps to keep them up that went over her shoulders.

'Overall' it really matched. Much better than her previous pick. It brings out her- well..
"It's okay. Better than the other one." I said, turning to the shopkeeper. She was smirking a bit.

"It's okay?! Just okay?!" She said, looking down at it. "Does t look bad on me?" She said, looking at the keeper with hopeful eyes.

"Nah, sweetie. It matched your hair and it's comfortable, yeah?" She said, grinning slightly. "I think someone is just-"

"Alright!" I said, clapping my hands together. "How much will it be?" I said, bringing out my wallet before she had a chance to finish her sentence.

"It's on me. As a fellow former member of Snowdin." She said, smiling a bit. "But you have to pay for everything else."

I chuckled a bit and Frisk walked to my side. "One cinnamon bunny, then." I said, pulling out 25 G. Papyrus used to eat them all the time, including nice creams.

"Alright. Just one?" She said, looking at Frisk for a second. Thinking I needed to get one for her.

"I don't eat that stuff. Just one." I motioned towards Frisk. She smirked once more and I quickly said "she doesn't get to eat that kinda stuff. Don't get the wrong idea."

"Just take the Bunny." She said, rolling her eyes.

She handed me a warm cinnamon bunny, I think it was still steaming out of the small bag she gave us.
"Here." I said, turning to Frisk, who gave me a look of surprise. "For a celebratory of joining MMO."

"Thanks!" She said, opening the bag and biting the cinnamon bunny.
Her eyes widened in delight, and at the rush of sugar it gave her and looked up at me. "It's good!" She laughed, the crumbs and icing getting on her face. "And... sticky."

"It's a family recipe." She shopkeeper said, handing her a wipe for her face and hands. "Come by anytime." She waved as we exited the shop.

"So, what happened to your old clothes?" I said, looking at Frisk who was only holding the other half of the bunny in the bag.

"She said she would burn them for me." She casually said, looking up at me laughing.

So she doesn't have a taste of fashion, but she does have a taste for humor. I chuckled a bit.

"Where to next?" She grinned, hopping around and looking among the other monsters. "I've never been in an active town before!"

She really doesn't understand the situation here? She doesn't understand or remember? Or is it the fact she chooses to lock her deepest thoughts away?

"I dunno." I said, walking at her slow pace so she could have a chance to see everything.
I guess some sightseeing couldn't hurt. Then I'll go talk to Asgore.

"Whatever you want." I saw her big grin listened to her yap about everything she wanted to see in the lively town.