Chapter 19- The Beautiful Suspect

Start from the beginning

Ah, this girl and her quirky ways. I remember how she spray-painted "Virgin Killer" in my car over a year ago. It just tells that she has the capability of violating the law to get what she wants...

Her couch is piled high with designer clothes and bags, and I can see dust bunnies in every corner.

She is blabbering something cheerfully, and I can't clearly hear anything she has said because of the loud music.

"Could you turn that off for a while?" I snap at her.

"Whoa, chill." she sashays towards her flat-screen TV between two speakers and turns the music off while keeping her wondering eyes on mine.

The silence has kept my ears at peace, and it feels good.

"Hope you're happy now. So why exactly are you here?"

I continue to roam her apartment, desperately looking for something related to Emily, rummaging through her stuff and opening random drawers and cabinets. I want to make sure if Kim is involved in this or not.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?" her eyes are following my every movement.

"Where's your phone? Give me your fucking phone!" I irrationally shout at her.

"What the fuck is your problem?" she calmly says as she gives me her phone without any second thoughts. I scrolled through it, particularly in her inbox but I didn't find anything suspicious. I then secretly give my
own phone a missed call so I can save her number. I throw her phone away the moment I landed on her gallery. I just want to see if there is any picture of Emily or Emily's stuff but it's full of Kim's fucking nudes.

"Where is she?" I ask her again between clenched teeth.

"What is your problem? Can you calm down? You're acting really weird and you're freaking me out," she asks with frustration clearly drawn in her face.

"Where is Emily?" I exclaim once more, extending my patience. I know I'm near to losing my shit, but I don't fucking care anymore.

"Emily who? Oh, wait, your girlfriend? Why are you asking me that?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Kimberly. I know you are up to something." I step closer to her, leaving a few inches between us with the intent of intimidating her, but a corner of her lips quirk up into a naughty smile instead.

"Oh," she narrows her eyes as if realizing something, "Is this your new way to seduce me? Role-playing?" she bites on her lower lip, apparently trying to be seductive.

Kimberly always looked like she really stinks, but she actually doesn't, and her breath smells like apple juice right now.

I reject her advances and continue searching in her room with bullets of cold and frantic sweats all over my skin.

That's not how a detective works, Man.

When I realize that what I am doing doesn't make any sense, I close my eyes and inwardly compose myself. I then turn to face her in a calmer demeanor this time.

"Emily has been kidnapped." I finally reveal.

"Oh. Seriously? What a great midnight news that is." she flatly answers while inspecting her nails' cuticles, looking bored instead of shocked or surprised.