➳ A Thousand Years (Part 2) ➳

Start from the beginning

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

Natsu laughed as he remembered their first encounter.

They were in the llibrary, and it was almost fully empty, besides the two teens and the sleeping librarian. He came to work on a last minute project, but she just came here to read for fun. He stared at her through the other side of the shelf, and she looked lonely. He finally decided to go talk to her. 

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Natsu doesn't even think a thousand years will measure up to how much he loved that blonde girl. It would take far too long, maybe even longer than infinity. 

Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

Lucy finally reached the alter, and Natsu had to admit, she looked better than ever. Her hair was done in a bun, but multiple loose strands fell out. She had on a white flower in her hair, and no veil. Her dress was a simple, yet elegant, Cinderella dress that had only one strap on her left shoulder. 

She scanned the room to find Natsu, and when she did, all he did was give her a sad smile, and a nod. 

Sting and Lucy then kissed. 

I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

Natsu knew that they wouldn't marry and have a million kids, like Mira and Levy often fantasized, He always knew she would marry someone else, and him likewise. But he did know that they would forever be best friends. 

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

After the Bride and Groom dance, Lucy instantly went to find her best friend. She then heard a soft piano accompianed by a sweet, tender, masculine voice in the paino room. She peeked through the ctacked door to see Natsu, his shoulders swaying to match the beat of the mysic. 

For some reason, Lucy felt like the song was meant for her, but she quickly rubbed it off and continued to listen to her friends voice. 

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

Yes, time had did just that. But time also had the decency to take it and give it to Sting. 

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

He pressed the last note as he got up from the piano. He went over to the door and was surprised to see Lucy there. Lucy opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Natsu cupped her cheeks with his hands as he planted a kiss on her forehead. He broke his touch from her skin, before walking past her and into the parking lot, making his way back home.