Voltron AU

I'm not explaining myself okay

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

“Has the radio chatter said anything else?” Christine asked Nick while looking through the binoculars.

“Nope, still just Voltron.” Nick said, typing away at the computer he’d made. “But it is going crazier than most nights.”

“Nick, I think a ship is about to crash!” Christine exclaimed, handing him the binoculars so he could see.

A foreign-looking ship was flying at top speed straight toward the ground. When the ship crashed, a bunch of Garrison vehicles sped out of the building to see what happened.

“We've gotta check it out!” Nick said, already getting his tech together. “C'mon, Chrissy!”

The cousins ran out to a cliff edge near the sight and Nick set up his things and got to work hacking into the cameras around the area. Christine looked at what she could using the binoculars, but couldn't really see anything.

“I'm in!” Nick said, and Christine sat beside him to look at the footage. “It looks like… a kid?”

The kid that had been in the ship looked to be around five years old. All you could really see from the footage was his white hair and light brown skin. He was obviously unconscious.

The two heard an explosion and looked up to see all of the vehicles heading toward the explosion.

“We gotta go help him!” Christine said, getting up and running toward the site.

Nick followed her and the two ran into the area. The kid was laying on a metal table and looked like he was having a nightmare.

He had slightly long, curly white hair and light brown skin, with strange blue markings under his eyes. His ears were also odd, extending upward and coming to a point. His clothes were nothing like the two had ever seen, looking like they belonged to royalty.

They heard footsteps behind them and turned to see someone slightly older than them running in.

“Is that kid okay?” He asked, stopping in front of them.

“Yeah, he’s just unconscious.”  Christine said. “You here to help?”

“Yeah, I am.” He said. “I'm Jake.”

“Nick.”

“Christine.”

Christine picked up the kid and carried him to Jake's hoverbike. They all got on, avoiding the constant chase of the Garrison guards. They outrun all of them and make it to Jake's shack. Christine carries the kid in and lays him on the couch.

“How did you know that crash would happen?” Nick asked.

“Well, there's this strange… energy around the mountains in this area. When I looked, there were carvings in the cave telling the story of a yellow lion and an event that would happen tonight. It also talked about this thing called Voltron.” Jake explained.

Nick and Christine looked at each other.

“We've heard about Voltron.” Nick said.

“Really?”

“Yeah. We've been looking at the alien radio chatter passing through the area, and it keeps mentioning Voltron.”

“Well, maybe we should ask the kid about it when he wakes up.”

The three waited a two days for the kid to wake up.

“This kid is knocked out cold.” Christine said, sitting on the couch by the kid's head.

Right then, the kid stirred, then shot up on the couch, obviously in a panic. Christine puts a hand on his shoulder.

“Woah, woah, calm down.” Christine said, and the kid looked at her. “You're safe, don't panic. What's your name?”

“I'm Sal.” He said. “Where am I?”

“You're on Earth.” Christine said. “You obviously aren't from here.”

“No, I'm not.” Sal said. “I'm from a planet called Altea. I'm pretty sure my family sent me away because our planet was being attacked. They also sent this thing called Voltron away to keep it safe.”

“Well, it must be important since we've all heard about it.” Jake said.

“Well, if you've found any of it, we better go see it.” Sal said.

Jake led all of them to the cave, carvings covering the ceilings and walls. When they were all inside, the carvings started glowing with a yellow hue.

“They've never done that before…” Jake said.

They walked farther into the cave when they heard a cracking sound. Before anyone could say anything, the ground collapsed underneath them.

They all screamed as they fell down, landing in a small pond in the cave. Everyone sat up and froze when they saw the giant robotic yellow lion in front of them, surrounded by a forcefield.

“Woah, it's huge!” Christine said, standing up and running over to it. Everyone else followed her.

Nick knocked on the forcefield. “How do you think it opens?”

Christine came up beside him and put her hand on the forcefield. It immediately fell away and everyone moved back. The lion placed it's head on the ground and opened its mouth to let them in.

“....That works.” Jake said, and Christine ran into the lion, everyone following her.

Christine sat in the pilot's seat and it slid up to the controls.

“Okay, let's try and fly this thing… Christine said, grabbing the controls. “Everyone hold on…”

Christine starts the lion and they take off through the side of the mountain, flying around a little before the lion leads them to a giant ship.

“Holy crow, what is that?” Nick said.

“I think it's an enemy ship.” Jake said, and Sal nodded.

“...I think the lion wants to fight it.” Christine said, and everyone looked at her. “I don’t know how, but… it's talking to me.”

Sal smiled. “Okay. Let's fight this ship.”

The lion took action and started firing lasers at the ship, taking out most of its defenses. After they weakened the ship, the lion flew them to some sort of portal.

“The lion’s telling me to go in.” Christine said. “Do you guys think we should?”

Everyone thought it was the best thing to do, so Christine flew the lion through the portal.

When they made it to the other side there was another planet similar to earth. When they got closer, they saw that there was a castle on it.

“Guy!” Sal said. “That's my castle! We have to land there.”

Christine smiled. “I guess that's where we're landing.”

The lion flew down to the castle.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I blame Voltron Season 6 for making me emotional and JeremyHeereISaWalnut for making really cute art for this.