Couple Swap: To More Than Survive

Look more couple swap! Yay!

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

“Hello?” Michael said, sitting up in his bed. “Hello?”

“Mahal, are you talking to yourself?” Mrs. Heere called up to him from downstairs.

“I… guess I am.” Michael responded. Maybe yesterday didn't happen… maybe it was just a dream.

Michael got up from his bed and went over to his TV, turning on his gaming system. The game was taking a while to load.

“C-c-c-c'mon, go- ouch!!” Michael felt a shock go up his spine and knew yesterday wasn't a dream. Well, at least he'd have help being popular.

“What did we say about gaming?”  The Squip said, materializing in front of him.

“I-I was just… turning something o-on!” Michael thought.

“You can't lie to my, Michael. I'm in your  brain.” The Squip said. “Now, let's make a system. Every time you think about video games or have a… homosexual thought, you will have to do one push-up. Considering the tally now… you'll have pecs in no time.”

Michael got dressed in the clothes Squip had advised him to buy yesterday, putting on a grey jacket to cover up the already jarring scars on his wrist from being shocked for thinking about Jeremy. Come to think of it, he hoped he saw him at school today- Michael flinched, feeling the Squip shock him again, and stopped his train of thought.

He got on the bus, thinking of how today would be. Maybe now that he had someone to help, he'd finally be the one the story was about. He got off the bus and went to his classes, the day practically flying by until he had drama practice with Jenna.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Michael walked into the drama classroom, seeing Jenna sitting in there alone, looking kind of down. He walked over and got her attention.

“Is this seat taken?” He asked, smiling a bit.

“Well, I was saving it for someone…” She trailed off, looking upset about something.

“Well, can I sit here until said someone arrives?” He asked, and she nodded, smiling a little.

The two sat there for a while, Michael wondering if his crush was legit. He remembered telling Jeremy he had a crush on her but.. was it really her he had a crush on? Michael held back his flinch when the Squip shocked him and stopped thinking about the subject.

“Hey, Michael?” Jenna said, and Michael turned to face her. “Can I be honest with you about something?”

“Yeah, whatever you need to talk about!” Michael said.

“Okay.” She took a deep breath. “Say there's this person you pass every day in the hall, someone you've known since seventh grade. You're used to thinking about him in a certain way, because of the persona he displayed. But then something changes… you have a real conversation with him, and… he changes. He goes from a guy you'd never be into, to a guy I'd… kinda be into. Is he worth it, Michael?”

Michael looked at her is surprise. ‘Is she talking about me?’ He thought.

“Of course she is!” The Squip said. “I've been activating your pheromones. Keep it up!”

Michael was kind of in shock. He thought he'd be more excited if this happened, but… his crush on her felt forced. He wasn't sure he really wanted her to like him in that way. Was there someone else he liked more?

The Squip shocked him again.

“say there's this person you never knew that well.” Jenna continued, “You thought that you had him pegged, but you can tell... he's gone from a guy I'd never be into a guy I'd kinda be into. Is he worth it, Michael?”

“Absolutely!” Michael found himself saying, smiling.

“I don't always relate to people my age when I'm not performing, and I'm going through so many changes.” Jenna said. “Wait, why am I telling you this?... I guess… I like talking to  you.” She laughed. “Who knew?... Yeah, this is kinda weird, I know but it's true. A guy that I'd kinda be into…” She trailed off.

“A guy that you'd kind of be into…?” Michael said.

“Yeah, that guy I'd kind of be into is… Rich!”