Be More Magical- Part One

“Ok, what's your schedule,  Jenny?” Jeremy asked, setting his timetable down on the common room table.

“I told you not to call me that. Jerry.” Jenna said, smirking at the older boy.

“Only when you stop calling me that.” Jeremy said, looking at the timetables and sighing. “We don't have any classes together!”

“What did you expect, Jere? We aren't in the same year.” Jenna said.

“Yeah, but one can hope.” Jeremy said, looking at his schedule. “I have the new potions professor first. Professor… Eric.”

“Well, hopefully he's better than our old potions professor.” Jenna sighed.

“We should get to bed, we both have classes first thing tomorrow.” Jeremy said, and the two walked up to their rooms.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Jeremy and Jenna walked into the great hall and spotted their friends at the Hufflepuff table. They sat down with them and started piling food on their plates.

“What's your first class, Jere?” Michael asked, looking over at Jeremy. Jeremy felt his face flush. Damn this crush. All he did was talk!

“I-I have the new potions professor.” Jeremy said.

“Oh, cool! You'll have to tell me what you think of him!” Michael said, smiling and causing Jeremy to blush even more.

Jake nudged Jeremy in the side and laughed. Jeremy glared at him, hiding his face in his green and silver scarf.

“What do you have, Jenna?” Christine asked, turning to the girl seated beside Jeremy.

“O-oh, I have Professor Reyes for Transfiguration.” Jenna said, smiling a little.

“That's awesome! Transfiguration is my favorite class, I wish I had it first.” Christine said, grinning.

Jeremy saw Jenna’s blush spread and laughed a little. She was just as bad as him.

“Well, I have Charmth with Profeththor Kiera firtht. How ith her clathth?” Rich asked, and Jeremy saw Jake blush at Rich's lisp. He had to admit, it was pretty cute.

“She's ok, as long as you don't get on her bad side.” Jake said, offering a smile, which Rich returned. “Oh, by the way, Brooke already went to class.”

“Yeah, we all have Professor Sal’s Defense Against the Dark Arts class.” Michael sighed. “I'm not complaining, he's a great teacher, but his classes aren't that serious.”

“But we do learn from them!” Christine said. Plus, he makes it fun!”

“We should probably get to class, guys.” Jeremy said, standing up. “We don't want to be late.”

The six kids parted ways to their first classes of the day. Jeremy went down to the dungeons, wondering if their new professor would be any better than the old one. He went to class and sat down with one of the Slytherin boys he'd met. The kid was nice despite his school-shooter type look and longer hair, and they'd become friends quickly.

The two boys talked until the professor came into the room, arriving rather dramatically.

“Hello, class.”

Jeremy turned his attention to the professor,  seeing shockingly bright blue eyes.

“I'm Professor Eric, your new potions instructor.”